What music helps get you through?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by chooselife, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I love listening to Disco. Disco always cheers me up and puts me in a better frame of mind. Also Abba.

2. mayuhito

mayuhito Member

I listen J-pop and J-rock, also country makes me feel better. I love to listen to music.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Trance and techno always puts a smile on my face :)

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Feeder. Feeder pretty much helped save my life a few years ago when I discovered them. I listened to Feeling A Moment on loop and have grown to love all their music.

5. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Never heard of Feeder. Will have to check them out. Thx

6. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the disco. it definitely does help a lot :smile:. So does anything really upbeat that won't let you think about anything but beat of the music.

7. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

Rockabilly.

The Stray Cats. Dave Edmunds. Eddie Cochran. Jerry Lee Lewis. Gene Vincent. Buddy Holly. Chuck Berry. Carl Perkins. Billy Lee Riley.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I Believe in You by Amanda Marshall

9. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

House, House and House :biggrin:
    And House did come from disco

10. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

linkin park & evanscence

11. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

The Doors always, anytime, anywhere
    and Led Zeppelin, RATM, Soil, Korn, Ramones, Pearl Jam, Orange Goblin,.. - the louder the better

12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

In high school I was a depressed, highly stressed, painfully shy and continuously sleep deprived basket case. I was always in my own world, drawing cartoons and writing lyrics from the The Clash or David Bowie.

Today I listen to The Beastie Boys or Beck for comic relief and I listen to old music from Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Devo, Bowie, Fleetwood Mac----old stuff.

13. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah, loud is good. Mostly heavy metal, rock, trance and songs in other languages.

14. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Get me through as in lifting my morale and that

Helloween & Firewind. Most lyrics are so full of life and happy thoughts it'll always make you smile in the least. Expecially Helloween.

15. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

oh yes, goldie oldies:) Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Neil Young, Yardbirds, Cream, Steppenwolf, Simon&Garfunkel have amazing songs for cheering me up, and many more

16. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

trance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.