1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music helps get you through?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by chooselife, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I love listening to Disco. Disco always cheers me up and puts me in a better frame of mind. Also Abba.

2. mayuhito

mayuhito Member

I listen J-pop and J-rock, also country makes me feel better. I love to listen to music.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Trance and techno always puts a smile on my face :)

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Feeder. Feeder pretty much helped save my life a few years ago when I discovered them. I listened to Feeling A Moment on loop and have grown to love all their music.

5. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Never heard of Feeder. Will have to check them out. Thx

6. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the disco. it definitely does help a lot :smile:. So does anything really upbeat that won't let you think about anything but beat of the music.

7. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

Rockabilly.

The Stray Cats. Dave Edmunds. Eddie Cochran. Jerry Lee Lewis. Gene Vincent. Buddy Holly. Chuck Berry. Carl Perkins. Billy Lee Riley.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I Believe in You by Amanda Marshall

9. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

House, House and House :biggrin:
    And House did come from disco

10. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

linkin park & evanscence

11. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

The Doors always, anytime, anywhere
    and Led Zeppelin, RATM, Soil, Korn, Ramones, Pearl Jam, Orange Goblin,.. - the louder the better

12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

In high school I was a depressed, highly stressed, painfully shy and continuously sleep deprived basket case. I was always in my own world, drawing cartoons and writing lyrics from the The Clash or David Bowie.

Today I listen to The Beastie Boys or Beck for comic relief and I listen to old music from Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Devo, Bowie, Fleetwood Mac----old stuff.

13. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah, loud is good. Mostly heavy metal, rock, trance and songs in other languages.

14. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Get me through as in lifting my morale and that

Helloween & Firewind. Most lyrics are so full of life and happy thoughts it'll always make you smile in the least. Expecially Helloween.

15. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

oh yes, goldie oldies:) Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Neil Young, Yardbirds, Cream, Steppenwolf, Simon&Garfunkel have amazing songs for cheering me up, and many more

16. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

trance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.