What next? How to help?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by jst23ms, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jst23ms

jst23ms Guest

Our story is here: www.loosepantsfarm.com . He's out now, only 3 days in. He doesn't have an appointment for two weeks. Is there anything we can do? We feel so helpless. He just wants to go back to the bar and drink, which seems to be the trigger. Thanks in adv. for any advice or ideas.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's frustrating that, in this type of situation, they're making him wait 2 weeks for an appointment.

Will he talk to anyone about why he did it, or why he feels so bad?

I really wish I had some advice. I can't think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll reply again.
  3. versin

versin Member

My sister has attempted suicide twice. Both times, I was there to take her to the hospital. I was a teenager then. This has affected me horribly for several years after that because something like this can break a family apart. Please remember to take good care of your daughter and educate her well about what is going on if she is young. I say this from my own experience of having left neglected from my parents and not understanding what was going on and constantly being told just not to worry when I clearly knew that something was horribly wrong. I have suffered from depression since my sister was diagnosed and have started seeing a psychologist which has helped me tremendously to understand myself and why I feel the way that I do. I hope your stepson receives proper treatment from a psychologist that he feels he can open up to. Often, it is really hard for people to open up to their own family members - especially during their teen years. Sometimes it is easier to communicate with suicidal people by writing a letter to them rather than talking to them in person. Let your stepson know that you love him and will do anything to support him.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just support him if he becomes unstable call crisis okay let him know there is help out there and he needs to help himself a bit by staying away from alcohol. It is stupid making someone wait 2 weeks can you call and get on the cancellation list ive done this for my daughter and she was called earlier because someone cancelled. Take care keep posting okay we are here for you .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.