What Next

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shortimer1973, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortimer1973

shortimer1973 New Member

Hello all ,I am a 40 yr old loner recent divorced after 18 yrs....I like most here have reached a point of asking why....I have always struggled with depression but never addressed it...I have never connected with people never had a person I would confide things to.It's has been a struggle in life not bouncing ideas off of someone else.I usually just google everything...The bad thing now is the suicide thoughts are unrelenting...I have the means and determination that something has to change.but sometimes I believe the best way is to just stop procrastinating...and stop the useless inner struggle of why to and why not ....I have seen a counselor and they prescribed anti depressant....and use comforting language during session..but after all that u walk back into a world of crap..I never had a psych evaluation....Kinda think could shed light on somethings but father was schizophrenic grandmother put in asylum....uncles bipolar....sisters anxiety drugs.....mother mood stabilizer....anyone had experience with a evaluation....just a thought...I know I have had manic thoughts....etc...Later

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and welcome you to SF Perhaps for your own piece of mind getting an evaluation from a pdoc would help you get on right meds
    I hope you continue to reach out here as well it helps to know you are not alone in the battle hugs

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've had a psych evalutation which helped me a lot, because I got the proper meds for it. I can relate to a lot of what you said, my mother is schizophrenic, my dad is ill but he chooses not to get help or take meds, my grand ma on my mom's side is also ill, she has a lot of psychotic episodes...my dad married a woman who's schizo-affective...it's a miracle that I only have depression, social phobias and generalized anxiety. I also have an avoidant personality.

how are the meds you take? have you taken them a long time? It takes time for them to take effect...they aren't a cure but they can help manage the imbalance chemicals in your brain to keep you normal...if there is such a thing as normal :)

4. shortimer1973

shortimer1973 New Member

The only med I have taken is celexa....for depression.My problem is when I go in for a counseling I usually find a reason not to tell the whole story because....of the potential negatives...ie since I am suicidal at times want to make sure I keep firearms..etc relationship with son and visitation right's....I have never said btw on a manic period five years ago I drove across country 16 hrs became paranoid started contemplating things of extreme paranoia.....came down then again five years later quit good job filed for divorce spent tons of money....just came unhooked but was able to hide it from close people.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.