What now?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SteveIsHere, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveIsHere

SteveIsHere New Member

My name is steve. I'm 13 years old, and I'm a huge druggie. About 3 weeks ago i confessed to my parents I'd been doing drugs, and i stopped. I've been clean, but I'm just going crazy wanting to get more from this guy in high school.
    Plus I had a very, close friend kill himself. He was pretty much a helpful person to me, and I don't feel the same without him here.

Really, I just have been going threw a very bad depressing time. I've been thinking of suicide. I just can't handle any more.
  2. 163919

163919 Member

Hi steve my name is scott. I live in vegas. I'm not sure where you live i'm not concerned with all that info. I want you to know i'm 19 and ive gone through all that you have and are probably going to go through. If nto more. I used to be involved in drugs and i'm clean now. Its a tough thing. Highschool doesn't make it any better. but one thing you'll have to look at is you'll be ok. If you can share with us or PM me information and i'll be glad to help. Give you that help that you need or if i can't send you somewhere who can. Best of luck and feel better today.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum steve. i am sorry to hear you are struggling so much for someone your age. I am glad you have worked at staying clean. That may help in the long term, but getting through now is the tough part. Sorry about your friend. Suicide is hard on those left behind. I hope by knowing how his suicide affected you, you will remember that it is the same as you will affect them. I am glad you found us and I hope you find support here. :hug:
  4. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. You have done a great thing being clean for this time, keep it up. I lost a cousin to drugs and its hard to hear someone so young has been involved in it. You did well telling your parents, talk to them andtell them how hard it is and ask them for help or go to a doctor and ask for help staying clean. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Steve and so glad you found us...it is so admirable that you have been able to stop doing drugs...try to find something you like to do to take your mind away from being high...also, so sorry about your friend...you must miss him a lot...please continue to let us know how you are doing and please PM me if i can help in any way...all the best, J
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Steve,
    You can call me grandpa (haha). Seriously you need to keep the lines of communication open with your parents. Have you spoken to your friends family since he departed. You might want to sit down and talk to them about there son and how this is affecting you. I just think that might help you a little and by you talking to his parents maybbe you will feel a little better. It will also help you to keep him alive within you. You are always welcome to the forum it is for people like us.
    If you need to talk to someone one on one you can PM me and I would be happy to talk with you. I am on line all different times a day. My sister says I am a vampire because I am up half of the night. I just don't sleep. before I was on meds I would stay up for two or three days without sleeping. Sorry I got off on a tangent. Take it one small step at a time. hope this might help you a little.:chopper:
  7. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Welcome to the forum Steve :hug:

It's such a positive thing, that you have come off the drugs, and it will be hard to stay clean, and don't feel disheartened if you relapse because it's normal. Have you seeked any type of help for your drug taking, like professional help? That could be a good option.

I can sort of relate to your friend killing himself. A very close friend of mine, killed himself a few years ago. It will take a while to grieve, but it will get easier, as times goes by.

I would say you have a lot of strength, I mean look how far you have come, since the drugs. You are so young, and it would be such a shame to lose a young, bright person like you.

I hope I helped in some way, and remember you can go on! Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk/rant or anything :)

Take care :hug: xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.