What other option is there

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Serpent, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpent

Serpent Member

If I can't be a functioning part of society, I'm just sort of 'here', not contributing whatsoever. This shouldn't be tolerated. No idea why the government cares to keep people under their thumb, just live off the damn government but condemn assisted suicide when that person is quite literally useless, and continues to have no drive, with no fix available, and knows there isn't one.

No, I don't live off the government, but the thought of it absolutely repulses and disgust me.

How long does a person have to live feeling like this? For fuck's sake, my stress, anxiety, and depression is physical, not just mental. I feel this shit 24/7, and no, medication is not an option.

What I'd give to be a pile of bones, man.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Just out of interest, why isn't medication an option? If you are stressed, anxious and depressed then there are plenty of medications that can be very helpful.
  3. Serpent

Serpent Member

I've seen what medication does to people. The minute they're out or can't afford it, they flip an absolute switch. That said, it isn't anything that actually fixes the problem, only present added hurtles, and ultimately keeps you hooked like a fish out of water. Not to mention if something goes awry, be forced to quit cold turkey.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you have such a poor view of medication, I hope you never get an illness or infection that requires antibiotics, or high blood pressure or any of a million things people take medicine for. So far as it making things worse , you hate life and want to die now, not sure what is worse than that? The only time things never change is when nothing is done to change things. It may not be meds (which are effective in over 80% of people that take them with few or no side effects, despite places like this where the people that are a little more difficult or less responsive tend to congregate and a pity that 80% is not good enough odds to be "worth a try" at least) but if nothing at all changes in ones life and you simply decide nothing ever will so do nothing differently then it will in fact take a very long time to change if it ever does. I am very sorry you choose to take such a difficult path.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Serpent, medication has probably saved my life. I'm on quite a lot and it helps so much, I think you should give it a try and make sure beforehand you have insurance etc.. to not run out of it. It really has changed my life along with therapy. If you don't want it that's totally your choice, I'm just adding my view that is has helped me so much. What else are your options do you think?
    2 people like this.
  6. Serpent

Serpent Member

Antibiotics aren't addictive. Please do your research before spewing BS. Far as actual anti-depressants among oodles of other medications(Pain killers/muscle relaxers/whatever), completely wrecks their brain and ability to do the simplest of problem solving.

Btw, I'd sooner remain intact and coherent when I meet death, rather than the other way around.

'Has probably saved my life' is where we're not the same. I will remain coherent and unchanged due to my unwillingness to toss a concoction of pills down my gullet, that may or may not be a success, that may not kill me, but sure as hell make things harder. Some medications can cause heart disease among numerous other things. When I meet death, I will essentially be doing so as a healthy person. Intervention of any kind disgusts me to unimaginable heights.

Opinions on what? Medication still? Not sure what else can be said. I won't touch them for a multitude of reasons, which as you said, is a choice, and I do have my reasons.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

When I said what do you think your other options are, I mean therapy? Or alternative natural medicine? Dealing with it alone? Speaking to friends about it? Anything really, just trying to help is all.
  8. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Hey, I can't really offer advice as I feel very much the same way. I can relate to you like you have read my mind. My anxiety is too much to bare. I'm sure yours is too.

All i can say is if you want to talk I'm here too. Maybe we can talk and eventually help each other.
  9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Only people spewing bs are the ones that are talking about things they have not tried and are clearly Ill informed about. While many drugs if all classes are adductivr many are not. While some medications cause the other issues not all do and certainly not all people.

What I get when u read about people talking about how shit their life is but instantly coming up with reasons they will never consider other things is it is either actually not too bad and they just like to complain ir that they are undereducated about facts and options or that they simply like to be miserable as it means they simply do not ever need to do anything and have an excuse for everything wrong in their lives.

While I am sure you di not fall into those categories it is where many with similar thoughts fall and I am sure that asking what other options while explaining the reasons you have for not trying even the simple clear 1st try options makes sense to you many might find it hard to believe you are looking for options at all and are simply blowing off steam and looking for a place to express frustrations of your situation while you wait to decide when to take a proactive step to actually change it.
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Actually, most psychiatric medications with the exception of benzodiazepines are not physically addictive. Yes, some have side effects but for some that is what is needed to survive and live a normal and stable life. Many medications require regular blood tests and careful monitoring and under the right doctor cause little harm and side effects die down after a while. Okay, medication is not going to necessarily solve all your problems, but it can lift your mood enough to allow you to be stable enough to face your demons and make changes to your life to make it better. Like @NYJmpMaster says, if you don't bother to try and change anything, then nothing will ever change or get better. You can continue to wallow in your misery, or try to better yourself. You have a choice, that choice is yours.
    3 people like this.
  11. Serpent

Serpent Member

Therapy doesn't work for me because there is nothing anyone can say that I haven't heard before. I am a reasonable person that takes everything into consideration. I process what is being said, and I give it serious consideration. I guess the best example here is religion. Catholicism vs Atheism for instance. I may not be either, but that doesn't mean I haven't contemplated on both seriously. With that said, I do the same with therapy. In the end however, I'm still what I am, and no amount of pushing for a new perception completely changes my own, especially with so many counter points that the other party has no answer for, or can not defend. This essentially, to me, equals the other person's point of view essentially a figment of the imagination, and not what is tangible, practical, and absolutely objective.

I have no idea what natural medicines/remedies are out there, to be honest with you. I wouldn't be opposed to exploring these options though. Specifically anxiety and stress.

Interesting. If there is some sort of PM system here, feel free to get in contact at any time.

I was one of those people that ended up with heart problems because of anti-depressants. So, point mostly discarded. No, I won't be putting myself further at risk. Anyone else who wants to, that's their choice. Weigh the risks.

Also, nice assumption there, to imply I haven't tried. Medication won't fix everything. For those that believe it can, more power to them though. I know better myself, and don't live a delusional way of life. Have fun though, to you and anyone else who is pro-medication and thinks that it fixes everything. Not even arguing, but again, it's an opinion that medication serves no real purpose. If anything it's a band-aid, and sometimes a health risk. Not entirely sure why it keeps getting pushed on my thread though. Already said I wasn't for it, won't touch it. Trying to 'inform' me further isn't going to change the fact.

Reminds me a lot of bleeding heart liberal arguments, tbh. Just different material.

In any case, thanks anyway. Genuinely.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  12. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

For some few people mediation is a health risk - however, since genuinely wanting to die because life is so painful and/or miserable and wanting to "be a pile of bones" is arguably a greater health risk the vast majority of the people here fall into the category of people who have accepted medication into their lives. The reason it is being "pushed" on your thread are two fold:

1. Because we have seen SO many people who claim meds are dangerous and/or do nothing to help get the RIGHT meds and totally turn their lives around. We have been here for years and seen this happen countless times and those people ALWAYS start with the same lines you do then realise that 'suicidal' is actually the greater health risk and when you feel that bad, it really doesn't matter what makes you feel better as long as something does - then they get the right meds (often after several different combinations fail - its a little bit of trial and error) and life becomes totally different for them. I acknowledge that you could be 'different' but all those other people claimed they were 'different' too - the exception - the person who absolutely couldn't be helped by meds and were equally rude about meds and the people trying to suggest to them ways to feel better. People are talking to you about meds because they help and because this is a support forum and people wanted to help find ways to help you help yourself feel better.

2. Because telling people who are sick with a treatable condition that needs medical intervention that the thing that could help them is all kinds of bad is irresponsible, ill informed and has no place on this forum as after several posts on this thread it amounts to telling people who do choose medications that they are stupid.

Since you have declared that there is nothing that anyone can say that you have not heard before and have chosen to be rude to people trying to give you support I am closing this thread. SF is a support forum - if you wish to make a thread seeking support then you are very welcome to as long as you are polite to people replying to you rather than accusing them of "spewing BS" or being "bleeding heart liberals".

Please also be aware that arguments against seeking medical help are considered pro-suicide on this forum and are against our site guidelines.

I hope you find something that does help you.

Take care and stay safe,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.