What prevents you from suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis2003

What are the reasons for not killing yourself once and for all? In my case the only thing that keeps me alive is that I haven´t got the balls to do it. I´m really scared of pain. I don´t fear death itself though.

LostMyMind

All the available methods are too difficult or painful except one and it will have to wait awhile in order to be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

worlds edge

(1) A sense of duty to those who need me and rely on me and love me.

(2) The sense that the decision is not one to be rushed. It is quite possible that I'm wrong.

Obsessive

I know I'd screw it up, just like I screw up everything else. From what I've been reading suicide is actually pretty difficult to pull off, and more often than not just makes living a lot harder.

Stupidity. The first time I tried my timing was off on taking the drugs. I imagine Im not supposed to post the details. The second time I called my shrink like a moron. It would be nice if they had a suicide number to help you doit instead of talk you out of it.

Well, as for me, its pretty much the same coz it take too much of courage to commit suicide. But then, I also believe it is this fear that gives me hope, indirectly. Kind of like telling me that 'if I don't want to die, might as well try to live'. Maybe this is a wholesome kind of fear I guess. But I know when it comes to a point everything is bleak and hopeless, this fear may no longer exist.

ace

I don't know it has to be a combination of thing's from scared I won't do it right and that I'll end up a vegetable,part of me is that maybe missing out on some good thing's about living,being a coward maybe another one and so on.

Interesting thread choice. I have to say, I can't honestly put my finger on what it is that keeps me around. If I had to say, it would be a fear of being forgotten.

I mean, think about it- what, thousands, or millions of people die everyday; I'd just hate to be another statistic. My friends and family might mourn me for a while, but once they forget me, in my book- I've failed.

I want to be remembered, I want to change someone's life for the better in a way that I couldn't do for myself. My daily pain and suffering is something no-one should endure, but so many of us do. If I can alleviate the pain of someone else that deserves it, then my life will have been with purpose, and complete. Then, I could finally help myself in the only way I know how.

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00