What reason is there for me not to kill myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by meehh, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meehh

meehh New Member

Please aware me. Suffered from severe depression my whole entire life, meds don't work, I literally am unable to feel happy, nothing I've done to try and change this has worked.

I'd like to hear one reason why.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You do not know what new therapy will be come that may help you what meds that will be develop that may just be the one that helps you New meds are being developed to fight hared to treat depression as we speak new therapies as well You may just leave before a treatment comes out that does work We do not have a crystal ball to see what the future will bring hugs

3. free_your_mind

free_your_mind Active Member

I am suffering with the same torment, meds never help, stop trying to feel happy you can never be happy, life can never make you happy, even tharaphy has failed me.

4. Emberfire

Emberfire Member

Because you know what? Life sucks... the world sucks so many things drag us down to the worst parts of ourself. And somtimes we want to end it.. infact mabye all the time.. but you Have the ability to hold on and become better than everything else pushing you down. xX

5. listless

listless Banned Member

I agree with the first part of what you said but not the rest. I think some of us know our life has no meaning, value and is not worth living. The absolute best part of my life is far behind me know and I had not realized how much I had been living in the past...yet I continued to get older and all the goals I wanted to achieve-I didn't. The worst of it was the great opportunities I used to have are no longer available.

I don't mean to be negative-but I think I have a fairly sober view of my life right now. I first posted here before I had a job, now I'm working and making adequate money but I still don't want to live. I hate my parents for the life they forced me into with their major deficiencies that I inherited from them (not health issues). I keep going on with the hope that I'll get something positive out of life and happiness I had hoped to achieve...but if suicide was fairly easy and if I knew that people would be fine without me if I left, I would've done it already.

Anyways I try not to dwell on suicide too much or think about how great my life used to be and just stay focused on improving my present. There's still a few goals within my reach I hope to achieve before I end it but if in a few more years things don't progress as I hope then I will just call it quits...life blew by way too fast for me-before I realized how to live it properly. Now those precious opportunities that could've made my life great are gone...so there is little reason for me to live right now, but it also doesn't feel like the right time to end things either-so I go on with life like a half-dead, half-living being stuck in a forced existence.

6. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

@Listless

Your story is somewhat similar to mine .. I am getting older day by day , the opportunities are getting lesser , Making average kind of money , inherited severe shortcoming from my parents ... Do want to live , but have to ...

But I want to discuss one thing now .. There is still a long life to live for me and I hope for u aswelll . What to do with life ...being listless is not possible for such a long time one should have some goal some thing to live for ....what do you say...

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

In the end you're the only one that can find a reason for you to live.

The fact that you want to find one shows that there is one somewhere in you, in my opinion.

8. listless

listless Banned Member

well I don't know how old you are, but I'm hitting my 40s soon and I have little to show for it. I had big dreams and worked really hard to achieve them, yet I made some major errors along the way that hurt my chances of achieving great success. I'm actually very smart (not bragging) so I still think I can accomplish my goals but it's still a long shot.

The worst of it was that I didn't take advantage of some incredible opportunities that fell in my lap. I really didn't know how fucking blessed I used to be. It's a bit like being born into wealth and enjoying it for a while and then suddenly it's taken away from you and then you realize how difficult life is, how hard and cruel the world can be.

There was a time I used to dwell a lot on my past and what I've missed out on which made me really suicidal because when you come off such a great place, everything is downhill. Like meeting your dream-girl and losing her, no other women could compare...I can understand to a certain extent why some guys kill themselves when they lose a great girlfriend because they know it's unlikely they'll make an equivalent connection.

Anyways now I just live in the moment and try not to make the mistakes I did in the past. Now I take no opportunities for granted and I am very determined to reach a higher standard of living than I'm in now. I figure if I work hard over the next few years, land a much better job than I have now, then I can try to make the most of my 40s and 50s-to make up for what I missed out on.

I figure we're all going to die anyways so why not see where the ride of life takes us. Now if things really degenerate for me and I end up in a much worse place than I have been in before, then I will definitely pull the plug. I am really sick of fighting and struggling...been doing it all my life and it got me nowhere-aside from living a modest existence. Meanwhile I know of scummy people who've gone much further.

Trouble is that there are some people who I really care about and who care about me-so they would be devastated if I was not around. So I'm not going to give up on life that easily but I'm also not going to put up with too much unnecessary suffering either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.