What scares you about relationships?

Auri

๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถMetal Star๐ŸŽต๐Ÿฅ
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
For romantic relationships, what I used to be afraid of, was mostly to be with someone I don't love fully, or as much as the other person loves me. The very few times I dated someone I wasn't fully into it, somehow ended up in a relationship because they treated me beautifully, rather than because I loved them more than I would a friend. That didn't work, and hurt the other person as well as created a lot of turmoil for me. To the point where I accepted the fact I wasn't made for it.

I ended up with someone I love more than anything or anyone, and it's the same for him, so never say never. :)

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿง๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
For romantic relationships, what I used to be afraid of, was mostly to be with someone I don't love fully, or as much as the other person loves me. The very few times I dated someone I wasn't fully into it, somehow ended up in a relationship because they treated me beautifully, rather than because I loved them more than I would a friend. That didn't work, and hurt the other person as well as created a lot of turmoil for me. To the point where I accepted the fact I wasn't made for it.

I ended up with someone I love more than anything or anyone, and it's the same for him, so never say never. :)
That's awesome, and I'm really happy for you. :)

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿง๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
It would be nice if I was more than a passing fancy to someone at some point. But that will never happen. Guess I need to get used to being alone somehow.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
There's lots of reasons why I'm reluctant about getting into a relationship. These are some of the things I've gone through to make me feel that way.

~ Being verbally beat down until I was in tears.
~ People trying to make me do things I didn't want to do.
~ Sending pics or sexts or even sleeping with another person.
~ Lying about all kinds of different things.
~ Having their partners contact me when I didn't even know they were in a relationship.
~ Being made fun of, joked about, talked about behind my back. Even having their friends and family shit talk me.
~ Manipulating me in shady ways.
~ Making me feel bad about who I am or making light of my problems.

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. It's not always romantic partners, but sometimes friends who do things like this to me. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through things like this, and how you learn to trust again. I don't want to be closed off, but it's hard to believe that people won't hurt me.
From the Psychology Today magazine comes this good article on relationships:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...n-expected-struggle-to-find-and-keep-partners

What scares me about relationships, the things I want to say / have said and happened / gone wrong:
- Telling someone you love them and being rejected
- Sharing your life story, every hard moment, everything and them not understanding or wanting to listen
- The fear of waking up one day and them saying they don't love you anymore

Current situation: In one but only sharing pieces of me at a time for fear of not understanding, rejection and potential loss.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00