What self worth

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by resistance, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I didn't know where to put this. This is very hard for me to say, I only gathered the courage to tell someone about this last night and I don't know if I can go into all the details in this post, but I'll try. I don't even know where to start.

I've been struggling a lot recently, I feel as if I'm changing, for the worst, and I seem to lack the control to stop it from happening. I was talking to someone last week, and I said, "people are like snakes, they slither their way into your life, inject their venom and the damage caused depends on the snake and the toxicity of the venom". I have been hurt and let down so many times in really bad ways and now I think that everyone who enters my life is going to hurt me and this is effecting me in a large way.

I don't think anyone truly likes me, I really cannot understand why anyone would care for me. I don't like talking about myself because in all honestly, who gives a crap? Seriously. People at work are talking and I think of something that could contribute to the discussion but hold back because why would anyone want to listen to what I have to say? Not only at work, but online, too. Even when it comes to discussions in the staff room on SF, why would anyone want to listen to me?

Even typing this now, I am wasting all your time. No doubt when I hit 'submit', I will regret posting this.

People who ask me about my life, they don't truly want to know. They are just making conversation. They don't give a crap. No one gives a crap. My self worth is at absolute zero and I can't see it lifting. I just don't know what to do anymore.

2. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

:hug: res. You can always pm me or chat with me on msn, Ill listen to you. I too think that some people are snakes. Its not true that nobody likes you, i dunno about everybody else here or people you know, but i like you. You are nice, cheerful person and you are always willing to help anybody. Im here for you! Stay strong!

3. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hi hun
    well i for one as im sure many others here can say hand on my heart i care about you, im sorry havent been around so much but hun feel free to pm me and ill be more than happy to join you in chat or msn, you are a good person and many here like and respect you including me , ill happily listen to whats on your mind right now and i hope you will feel a little better with the help and spport of your friends here

take care sweetie xx

4. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

Sweetie!

i get these very same feelings. convinced nobody really likes me. but be assured that they do hunny. i know people can say it over and over again but it doesnt really make much of a difference to how your feeling. however please try and trust what people say. you are such a wonderful person. i care very much and will always be here for such a special person such as you.

You will never waste my time and i hope your not regretting reaching out to us on this.

if you think about it - why would anyone really ask you questions if they dont want to listen to the responce. i give a crap and i will always listen and try to help.

You are not alone with these feelings hunny. feel free to pm me anytime and i promise you you will not be taking any of my time up. it is always a pleasure to talk to such wonderful people

Stay safe and never be affraid to talk

Clare xxx

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Heya Res..

As I, and many others have said to you before, and will continue to do so - we're all here for you, and we all adore ya regardless of how you feel about yourself.
    As Clare said, you never waste my time, nor anyone else's.

Sorry this is such a short post..
    You've got my number if you want to talk - feel free to use it :)

Big hugs :hug:

Joe

6. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I fully believe that you've got the makings of someone who can really do well. And that you want to get better. Being honest is a start. If you are going to get better than you might encounter some really shit times along the way. Like you're feeling now. No big deal, doesn't make you a bad person. I don't really know what has happened to you, but I really hope you can open up to someone and start the healing process. Writing things down might help .. other than that let me know if you need anything.

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Rezz, m'dear! I do care about you! Send me a PM, or catch me on MSN anytime, hun. :hug::hug:

8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

As much as I appreciate your kind words I can't help but think you're all just saying it. I feel very alone, I can't see a way out of this.

9. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like you need a close friend to converse with. Myself, I don't particularly like small talk with people I don't know well (unless I am drunk). I feel forced, I feel like they feel they are forced, that they don't care, and to be honest sometimes I don't care either.

But ... once you have rapport with somebody, it is different. You look forward to telling them things, and genuinely look forward to hearing what they have to say.

I do agree with your assumption in general, but I feel it only applies to superficial relationships. Once you spend time with a person, and feel comfortable around them things change.

And everyone has self worth. The fact you were able to come up with this observation and express it is what gives you worth. It is your opinion on how the world works, and sharing such ideas with others is what makes the world go around. Hope you feel better.

10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Hi,
    Well I'm not going to repeat what others have said (though it's true for me too!) because I think you're right in one respect... only YOU have the power to make yourself believe that you're worth something, even if you only start in small ways every day. Eg's might be "I am worth making myself look nice today." "I am worth buying that outfit for." "I am worth being heard."

If you can let people's good feelings for you and about you in a little then maybe over time you can believe them... and this is rich coming from me because I have to physically hurt myself if people say nice things to me! So if you're ever pissed off at me, just tell me how great I am!! :tongue:

:hug:

11. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

:hug: You aren't alone. And we arent' just saying it, we really mean it. You are one of the best persons I know on this forum, and maybe the best person I ever met if I think more about it. You arent alone, res.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.