What SF Means to Me Quotes

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by JmpMster, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Kira

Kira Can't PM on phone... Sorry :( Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Wow! I couldn't have worded that better to explain what SF means to me! The only difference is that whilst I wasn't suicidal, I was extremely lonely and found an article written by Freya that inspired me to join. That's another beauty I guess. Some people are suicidal, some lonely, some struggling with mental health or physical issues. Some people come here after the suicide of a loved one to find out what would motivate that kind of thinking and then need support in the healing process. There's heaps of other examples too. I guess I just love the fact that not everyone here is suicidal per se, but are struggling in there own way which is extremely painful and we all understand that here. Maybe we can't relate exactly but we can relate to the pain. Anyway, great post! (Not that other's aren't great also ;))
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

SF is a safe place where I can receive and provide peer support.
    Kira, JmpMster and Karmitkurmit like this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

SF is more important to me than I can explain. It has helped me immensely in the past 6 years, and I hope I have been able to touch others' lives as well. I was at the end of my rope when I found this place, and now I have newfound hope thanks to an extended family of people who truly understand.
  4. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

"The thing I like most about SF is that it is an extended family of friends world-wide. And in the true nature of friendship all here always have sage advice, infinite support and encouragement, genuine compassion and empathy, and give me reasons to smile/laugh in spite how I may be feeling at the moment. In a word --- SF is a place of unconditional love---which is what true friendship is all about."
    Kira, Winter Blues, JmpMster and 4 others like this.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

One word describes SF to me. FAMILY.
  6. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Pain which is shared is pain made half. But Joy which is shared is joy made double. This is what SF means to me because here is where we share both despair and joy. Without rain, there would be no rainbows.
  7. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Are you still looking for replies?
    Just saw this thread...
  8. sassy123

sassy123 Chat Pro SF Supporter

I came to SF looked and then didn’t come back till I was really low again and just needed some support. I found support and more. I found friendship and people who truly care I found a place where I never want to leave.

I think one of the amazing things on SF is having someone say I don’t know if I would be here if you had not been here for me. Think about that one minute you are thinking of ending it all and the next you are helping someone else want to live or at least helping them through one more day. A good reason to live I say.

Okay use or don’t use what I wrote but I can say I tried hug
    Karmitkurmit and Anne Charlotte like this.
  9. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Yes still saving replies and have started to put things together.
  10. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

You never need to say you TRIED Sassy, because you DO every day. X
    JmpMster likes this.
  11. Daíthí

Daíthí Chat Pro SF Supporter

The thing I like most about SF is it provides me and others with that greatest of gifts; Hope, and the knowledge that no matter how bad things get, there's always someone there
    JmpMster, Kira, sassy123 and 3 others like this.
  12. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

SF gave me a reason to stay on this earth another day, and then another day, and another. Before I knew it a year had gone by and I'm still here not because of how I felt that first day, but because of every day after.
    JmpMster, Kira, Karmitkurmit and 2 others like this.
  13. sassy123

sassy123 Chat Pro SF Supporter

"sometimes we just need to know someone cares and understands" not sure how or if you want to use this but I said this to someone today and I liked it and thought it says a lot about what SF is about but it has probably been said before hugs
    Karmitkurmit and JmpMster like this.
  14. hiya so i uh stumbled across this thread and began to fill in the blanks; i don't do a lot of writing it kinda turned into a pseudo thank you letter thing, and somehow wound up as ah well a poem. i've only been on this site for four days and its already helped me a little, and that's much more that i thought it would have when i first singed up. still i hope you like the answer, thank you, poem-y thing i wrote. as far as second poems go i ah like to think i did ok.

the answer, our thanks, and a poem

i found SF knife in hand; planning out my final deeds
    not one date, but two this time. twice the chance that i'd succeed
    a day had passed and as i lie: sobbing through my tears
    against my better judgement i recounted wasted years

and then a thought if nothing else, i figured on a whim
    lets try something different, lets try something new
    so i signed up to the forums. now i'm thankful i did
    with all the friendly people here i never had to hid(e)

at first i thought it was an act, but then i came to see
    that all these anons had such big hearts enough to care for me
    and not just me, but all of us, as we suffer our taboo
    they lend us wings, and give us smiles to help us carry through

with open hearts and words of care for all who stumble in.
    these forums have proven to be home, for those who don't fit in
    cause sure we may be broken, and our scars will still remain
    but SF helps build up our pieces, so we can live again
    that's the whole poem. and eh sorry about all the bad punctuation, and rhyming "did" with "hide". i'm not the beast at that stuff. oh and sorry if the title is weird it was the last thing i added to the poem before posting this.
  15. Winter Blues

Winter Blues SF Supporter

JmpMstr, are we allowed to respond twice because if so talking and listening to others on SF has truly helped me face reality and see just what I did to my children, now adults. For me it’s horribly uncomfortable, excruciatingly painful, so very sad and I am totally guilt ridden BUT I needed to face this. I can no longer hide behind rose coloured glasses. I was a fuckin’ awful mother. Now - how can I possibly make amends