What shall i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memyselfand1

University Student
Hi All
In October 2011, I was sexually assulted by a service user whilst at a conference, i didn't know the bloke from adam and I had no idea of history or warnings, well anyway as result I have been very depressed to point of considering to end my life. I have also had various attempts and as result I am quite unwell. Okay my psych reckons on top of depression I have PTSD and she reckons that and possible borderline (which I am sure i have lived with for years) could be causing the problems I am having at the moment. It's resulted in me almost getting sectioned and voluntary admission has been suggested by my pysch at the time.

The reason I am writing this post at the moment is because of my history of od and various things docs are concerned as well as my self that I am going to relapse and hurting myself. Only because the last time I spoke to councellor and talked about the incident in depth it resulted me attempting to hurt myself and having the HTT round for two weeks and I certainly don't want that happen again as they said if it happened again I would be automatically in the unit with no fail and in longer than three days.Should I suggest to psych when I see her 22nd to go down the inpatient route as way of keeping me safe? As there's no garantee I will keep myself safe and mentally I could go down hill.

MODS Please move to appropriate board if required and add triggers

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi hun i think that going in for a stay in hospital voluntarily would be a good move ok talk to your psych doc and see if you can while at hospital you can get counseling for you the abuse you endured ok It would be better to go in now then later hun because this way you can have some control ok over what is happening to you hugs

flowers

hi. I am so so sorry you were sexually assaulted. of course that was horrible. And you have other things also that you have been living with for so much longer. So much pain. I do agree with Total Eclipse. I have seen people who go into hospital for treatment and it has helped a lot. While that is not always the case,. I think its really possible to work out a course of action before hand to arrange that you will get productive help and treatment if you decide to go the hospital route. But I do want again to say I have seen people helped greatly because of productive hospital stays. Helped in ways that could not have happened otherwise. I am wishing you the very best, because you deserve no less than the very best :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00