What should I do? Was she just bluffing?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by demias123, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demias123

demias123 New Member

Me and my ex-LDR girlfriend in Canada (I live in the US) had an argument and she just told me she was going to kill herself in a month and perceeded to delete me off of Skype. She told me to never contact her again and I believe she said she's been planning this for a while. Before the argument she told me she was happy and content with her life... is this a sign? The actual argument was about her wanting to help me "fix" my life and telling me that I wasn't happy, which is a whole other topic on its own. Anyway, was this potential projecting or am I thinking too much about this?

I'm really worried about her, what should I do?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you have her phone number or address
    then call a crisis line and let them know what is happening or call her parents if you can either then that there is not much you can do
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Suicide threats should always be treated as real, even if you have a hint that someone may just be using the threat as a means for something else and where you feel they may not be serious. With suicide, you always error on the side of caution. In a non-LDR relationship, one generally gets to know not just their partner... but their friends and family too. You may not have that luxury in this situation. If you do know and have contacts for their family, however, you should contact them and calmly explain the situation and what was said. Will the person you are "telling on" get upset? Probably... But would you rather have someone you care about mad at you, or dead? I'd go with them being mad. Mad is something someone can always get over.
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

agree with pickwithaustin. Its important to contact the key people you can in her family or circle of friends. Just as pickwithaustin suggested. Will you stay in contact here and let us know how things are going with this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.