What should I do when sober?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LoD, Apr 11, 2007.

1. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

I stopped smoking weed, or at least until I get better. Yesterday it began, in 61 days it’ll end, if I don’t feel any better after that, my entire story goes to my parents and I’ll go towards a psychiatrist or at least a doctor to pump me full of anti depressants. I’m sick and tired of being weak, alone, hateful, lazy and depressed all the fhking time. There's the possiblity of me being bipolar, a quite large possibility, but I'll see that after these months...

I need a few things to do these 3 months though… I’m not much of a drinker, I despise alcohol, but I will already be drinking it in the weekend and such. But, I need a few ideas of what to do during the times when I’m sober. Post your ideas here, I could really use them.

2. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Ok, I was kinda an alcoholic, what helped me is that my parents found out about it and helped me with it and I got a job, what the problem is when you do it on your own, you will replace it with something else, for example, I was an alcoholic and now I am a workaholic. The best thing to do I guess, is to keep yourself busy all the time, so you cant really think about it. So i worked, walked with the dog longer, read a book and went to bed early. I dont know, for me helped just being busy all the time, i got my new job on the right time.
    Hope it will work out for you and hope you will get some usefull advice :p you can always pm me

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

hey Sven :hug:

I am or was (dunno which one) also.. kind of an alcoholic, I guess.
    I noticed that for me sleeping works. I just sleep like 15-20hrs a day now and the few hours I am awake I do other stuff, with my flatmates.
    Though I wouldn't recommend sleeping that much cos it'll only make you more tired.
    I think Julie's idea is a good one though, try to keep yourself occupied; go into town with friends, go for walks, maybe get a job...

If you ever need to talk, you know how to reach me :wink:

:arms:

4. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

Since quiting dope myself I have read alot of books and magazines, as well as online reading (mainly science type articles), I also love playing video games, currently I am on a huge Diablo 2 kick..

5. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

To Julie:
    I'm not sure, but I believe you're Dutch, I think I read that somewhere. o_O

Bedankt voor de reactie, zal 't proberen. ^^

In case you're not Dutch:

Thanks for the reply, I'll try staying busy. :p

MrDepressed, pass me your account. xP I've been playing for a week or 3 maybe 4, but I used to play a lot before the 1.10 patch which messed up the entire fun in Diablo II. Give me your account and we'll play together, if you want to.

6. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I would be up for playing together for sure

7. patricia07

patricia07 New Member

Do some healthy activities. You might want to go swimming or fishing. It's up to you.

8. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

Hey do you play an ladder character on there or just a normal? My guy is a ladder, I did some reading and ladder appears to only be accessable buy other ladder.. we might be able to play a normal character game together.