What should I do?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Meyli, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meyli

Meyli Guest

I don't know what to do about my friend. She told me yesterday that she finally decided to kill herself. That sometime by the end of this year she was going to do it and that she was no longer afraid.

I know she's been depressed for years. She's gone to see a counselor twice, but stopped going. She's been cutting herself for years now, and recently did it again. And I know she's tried committing suicide back in March but her parents found her before anything serious happened.

I don't know what to do.... should I tell someone? What kind of help can she get? I know she's been taking medication, but stopped taking it.... should I tell her parents? She told me she's been crying every day, that she feels sad and lonely, even though she knows that we her friends are there for her....

I don't know what to do... what should I do? Who should I report it to????
  2. lavendR23

lavendR23 Active Member

definitely tell someone. period.
    who: tell her parents but if her parents are abusive and might abuse her for it, then tell another adult. a counselor.SOMEONE.
    You're not betraying her. It's OK to tell. It will keep her alive and most people who say things like that are asking for help but don't know how to ask.
    She's is pain and it's too much for her to cope with or she thinks that she doesn't have the right to feel it.

She needs help and she does have the right to feel bad NO MATTER WHAT
    BUT she will not be able to do anything about it if she's dead.

she needs professional help. DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE THIS ON YOUR OWN.
    YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO. most people can't handle situations like this, and the longer you wait, the more hopeless she is going to get thinking that no one has heard her cry for help.

I hope I helped you.....
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am assuming since she has been in therapy and on meds her parents are supportive. I would let them know what she has told you. Two sessions are not enough to make a difference and if she stopped her meds without supervision of her doctor she could be more at risk.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Tell her parents. Also if she has stopped taking her medication without any consent then it needs to be addressed.
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Definately tell her parents, if someone had of told me, my daughter possibly would be here today, and I was not an abusive parent.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with the above posters , definitely tell her parents. Stopping taking any medication without her doctors advice can be harmful, it could make her even more depressed. Please tell someone before it is too late.
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

You gotta loook out for her, but screw what she wants, you gotta tell someone who can stop her. Namely her parents.
    And you gotta look out for her.
  8. Meyli

Meyli Guest

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.

I will definitely tell her parents what their daughter told me.

I really hope my friend is able to get the help she needs. I know it will be tough for her. I know she has trusted in me not to tell anyone, but I think you all may be right. I do think that she is crying out for help, but doesn't know how to say it.

It will be a hard road for her, but as long as she gets the support and help she needs, I know that it will all be worth it.

Thanks again.

// Meyli K.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.