What should I do...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by reddragon2410, Jan 20, 2009.

1. reddragon2410

reddragon2410 Well-Known Member

I'm talking to a friend on msn. We talk alot, and I've told her about... "Things". She knows I used to cut, she knows I once nearly killed myself. Then I got over it all, and we've become really good friends.
    Now I've started thinking about this stuff again, should I tell her? I've never told her anything present before, but our conversation tonight feels awkward, probably because I mentioned I was in a not-so-good mood. Maybe I should tell her, maybe she can help me. I don't know if she's ever had to deal with anything like this before, but I'm sure she'd be able to support me, to what degree I'm not sure...
    But I'd feel so awkward. I find it so hard to talk to people, and to force all this onto her out of the blue would be mean. I'm not even fully sure I want to open myself upto someone I know properly. I'd feel so vulnerable... What am I to do... I need someone to talk to...

2. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

hun i don't know if it's a good idea that you open up to her fully... people who haven't dealt with stuff like this before have a way of getting a bit scared and running away from it. and as you said you don't know if she's dealt with stuff like this before. maybe let her know you're feeling similar to how you felt before and lean a little on her for suppoort but maybe don't upload everything onto her at once.
    you always have us on here to talk to when things get tough, okay :hug:
    and you can PM me any time and i'll get back to you as soon as i can
    laura :heart:

3. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i agree with locket, if you're still unsure then it's best not to, you've always got one of us to turn to :)

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Wait until you do feel 100% sure or at least wait until your very sure that you want to open up.

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

If you do feel like you want to tell her I would suggest caution. Maybe tell her you know someone who feels this way and then check out how she reacts to that. Prepare the ground before you jump in. A lot of people do freak about these kind of things. Best wishes,S.