What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Marie112, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie112

Marie112 Guest

Hello,

My name is Marie, and I'm 16 years old. Early last year, I lost my boyfriend. I was only 14 when he passed.
    I know this probably sounds like a typical response from someone my age, but he was really more than just my boyfriend. I'd known him even since I was 6 years old, and we had grown very close over the years. I was with him for only 2 months. Most people my age don't feel this, but I knew that I wanted to spend my life with him.

Since he passed away, I haven't gone through any of the stages of grieving. All I feel is sadness. I've considered going to see a psychiatrist about this, but I'm not sure it's the best idea. I have alot of trouble even opening up to my parents about this topic, and we are very close. I understand he or she would be a professional, but I don't feel comfortable talking to someone I don't personally know about this.

What should I do?

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

3. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Hi Marie, welcome to sf :arms:
    I am very sorry for your loss, you are sooo young to have to go through something this huge. I don't know where you live but, maybe you could ask your Doctor to refer you to see a bereavement counsellor? I know you have misgivings about talking to somebody you dont know but, they are specially trained in this area.
    I find it almost impossible to talk to professionals too but, I found bereavement counselling extremely helpful when I lost someone very close to me :)
    Its worth a try, you are not commited to carry on if you feel it doesn't suit you.

Take care, Lea :hug:

4. Marie112

Marie112 Guest

Thank you both for the suggestions, I'll give them a try :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.