What should I tell my mom?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ImGoingToDieSoon, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to commit suicide in 2-3 months but I want to tell my mom for she won't be shocked. I don't want her wondering why I killed myself I want her to know why. I don't want attention from her I just want her to understand and accept that I'm dying. She tries really to keep me happy, but I'm miserable. In the past she would scream at me and threatened me everytime I got in a psych ward, she also would tell me to stop treatment and receive social security. She doesn't know about depression or anything so this won't be easy.

Sorry if I'm breaking the rules. Any advice?

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

My son committed suicide. It destroyed my life forever. Everything I lived for is gone and I will never be happy again. Ever.

Decide if you love your mom or not. If you do love her... WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO HER?

3. My mom is not the one suffering I am, should I stay alive and suffer just to please her? I won't turtored myself by being alive and putting on a fake smile. Atleast I'm planning on telling her that I'm going commit suicide she can enjoy the few months while I'm here. I know it's selfish, but four years of non stop hell is enough for me and she's not really supportive.

I'm living a nightmare that needs to end I can't handle life anymore I made up my mind and sorry about what happened to your son.

4. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hey um you will destroy your mums life doing this no kidding being a parent myself we all want our children safe.Maybe you could get your mum to learn a bit more of what you are going through as then you can work together on how to keep you stable.Mental health still scares shit out of some ppl until they realise its real.Ive been suffering for alot of years yet to be honest as much as i want to die sometimes i try to look for some sort of hope.Please hang in there and seriously seek some and also get your educated.We always here too keep posting

5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Just had to edit missed some words

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You should, yes. You should love her enough not to put her through that. If you are suffering, you should understand even more and not want to bring that much pain onto your own mother. Seek out her help, set goals for recovery rather than destruction, and really show your love for her rather than making plans to destroy her life forever - regardless how you feel. Yes, you're being very selfish. No offense. Yours and others here have only words, I HAVE LIVED THROUGH THE EXPERIENCE. Only I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.