What should I tell my son?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

The other day while I was contemplating suicide ,the result of an MRI came in.I have a brain aneurysm. I already have so much health issues besides clinical depression.I am so drain with health battles. The location of the aneurysm is quite problematic to be operated on. The headaches etc... is pulling me apart. I am ready to accept whatever comes my way.The biggest hurdle I am facing today is the fact that I have a 13 yo son who is too young to face this tragedy anytime the thing ruptured. I am scheduled for another MRI /MRA to locate the exact location & the size of the aneurysm & decide from there. Its been days I am so nauseated from headaches & I live by myself. Anone out ther can help me prepare my son for my death,I felt it is coming soon.I am afraid he will not handle it. I am helpless. Every moment I fellt like its just around the corner. I need advice for my son ...how I am going to tell him this. Thanks in advance.
  2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

I don't know what you should tell him.. but please make sure you do.

3. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

He has to know.

I realize that you are in a very serious, painful, and difficult position, both with him and yourself. But you shouldn't put off any talks that you believe are necessary with him, for too much longer. Sit him down in a place that he feels comfortable in...whether that be his room, the garage, or just any other place that he would consider 'safe'. And just be as truthful and honest with him as you possibly can. And let him be there for you...because it sounds as if you could really use the support. 13-year-olds are pretty resiliant you know ^^
    And they're old enough to understand what is going on around them. More than likely he already has an idea of how serious things are with you. So talk with him...let him in...let him be there for you, so that you in turn can be there for him.

And while your at it...continue coming here...so that we can continue being there for you :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  4. immure

immure Account Closed

u need to remind ur self and tell ur son that life is more then the bodies that hold it for a time. there is a a very inportant member in my own family that has a impending death . my children know this and they have shared things like. if they ever feel there heart tug its him telling them he is there holding them. its incredibly scarie what ur going through. remeber this life does not define all life.have hope and faith that what is to come will support the desires of both of ur hearts.make tapes for him that cover the topics and opinions that define u as ur own individual person.ur hopes and dreams for him. and if u need someone to help u sort through this i can be of help. i want u to know that though everything looks seemily heavy u have many hearts singing for you. the angels will surely hear.
  5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Tell him the truth about the aneurysm. Let him know what the doctors think about your chances. It will be painful, but he'll be glad that you did tell him what was going on. I hope that there is something the doctors can do, all the best.
  6. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Prior to the aneurysm,I also have an incurable bladder disease for almost 13 yrs. And my Uro who is treating me told me that all kinds of treatments are exhausted.So that was a death sentence rigth there. I did not tell my son about that.Next week I also need another colonoscopy. I am really aggravated.Remember I told you guys that I fought the custody of my son all his life ,just to find out at the end that I am dying anyway.I should have killed that corrupt mother flower judge .It would be a good riddance.I use to be homicidal before but my parents keep me afloat.You know how many children are given custody to the abusive parents esp those who are molesting them by this judge? He is a pedophile himself.And how many pedophiles he let go off the hook. I love to castrate this jduge witha fork.

My gratitude to all your replies.
  7. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

Please tell your son the truth, he deserves to know the truth. Don't run the risk that he would resent you if you didn't tell him.

You say you incurrable disease of the bladder, has your urologist considered a urostomy? it may not be ideal, but if it helps, maybe it would be worth it.

I really think you should find the courage to tell your son, I know it's not the sort of conversation that anyone wants to have with their son, but the best way to help all of you deal with this is to be open and honest.

Please keep us updated as to how you are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.