What should you say in a suicide note?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aleth, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

What sort of things do you think you should say in a suicide note? Is it better just to write a short goodbye, or attempt some sort of long explanation. What is best for the people left behind?
  2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Things sound really hard for you at the moment. I am not going to answer your question though because I believe that what ever is making you want to end your life now you can get support for on here. You can talk about it and people do want to help you. There is a lot of people that would be upset if u ended it all you pretty much saaid that by worrying about what to write. It would help people come over your death by not dying at all.

Are you seeing someone as in a proffesional.

If you want to chat more you are welcome to PM me.

3. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

In my note i will probbly lie
    My parents dont give a shit about me, thay never helped me
    and that is probbly one of the resons ill leave this world forever

But i will not tell them that becouse i want them to deal with my death in the easyes way possible.
    So ill just tell them that i did it becouse of my mental issues, that i couldnt suffer any more....
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

we cant help you with anything like this as this is a pro life forum

how about you tell us why you feel the need to kill yourself instead?
  5. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Yes, I wasn't sure if I would get away with a question like that. Although I doubt talking about a final note would would have much bearing on whether someone kills themselves or not. Its not the same as encouraging someone or discussing methods, etc.

No, I'm not seeing a professional. I don't believe that would help.
    I know that suicide will cause harm. Its unavoidable. All I can think of is writing something which will provide some comfort. But its very hard to find the right words and things to say. I've torn up the first two drafts. I don't know if I should try to explain everything, or just apologise and say my goodbye's. Explanations are messy, and anything I write will probably just create more questions than answers.
  6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I'm going to close this because as we say, we don't allow suicide notes here as it might tip vulnerable people over the edge. But please do start a thread telling us why you feel so desperate... we really would love to try and offer some support to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.