What simple thing annoys you more than it should?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by 1izombie, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

For example people would say ruff when there are trying to say roof or cafee when trying to say coffee.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

People blow their nose at the eating table yuck

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

One that annoys me - when people say "un-thaw" when they mean thaw - like "un-thaw the chicken for dinner....."

4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Things that are meant to be straight and/or symmetrical that are not straight and/or symmetrical. Especially in relation to things hanging on walls. I am perfectly happy with wonky and asymmetrical if it is purposeful. But not if it is accidental.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My mom does this clicking thing with her nails...I can't describe it...but I guess that's one sound I find really annoying. I get annoyed by things more easily than I should, so I'm sure I could always come up with things to list here. :p

6. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

my sister. for example, she's been heard to say such things as: "I can always find England on the map, but I can never find Great Britain."

7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

People who end sentences with "You know what I mean" and "Like" and "Right"

So for example:

"I saw this movie last night right and it was really good like so I reckon you should go and see it, you know what I mean(?)"

:rofl:

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

the list of things that qualify for this question for me are long as I am high functioning autistic person and sensory sensitivity is a particular area of problems for me. I'll just do one:

It drives me crazy when some bit of the dashboard paneling in my car is vibrating differently than usual as I drive. It's just slightly loose or the motor is vibrating at just the right wavelength make that that extra sound. So i spend a lot of time pushing on various parts of the dashboard to see if I can make it stop. :chargrined:

9. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

LOL!! I have a car like that, and use popsicle sticks to stop the vibrations - the fact that these sticks are visibly sticking out of the dashboard doesn't worry me in the slightest, it's the vibrations that drove me nuts!

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I had never thought about wedging something in the dashboard. I will try that I think. Thank you for mentioning your solution. :)

11. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

The beat and buzz of music from someone else's earbuds...:shocked:

12. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My biggest pet hate.......and apologies to any yanks :p ......."Route", should be pronounced ROOT! a "rout" is a melee/fight etc.

13. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I just encountered another thing that annoys me more than it should. The fuckin pigeons on my balcony constant hooting and shitty everywhere, I just really want to do they harm.

14. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

when people and specially politicians seem unable to tell when "something's wrong with this picture." for example, like when the U.S. state of WI decided to lift the ban on hunting/shooting morning doves. even tho the morning dove is the state's offical "bird of peace." is like, here sweet, gentle birdie. then: kaboom!

15. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

when your zipper dips down into that little depth in your pants and you have to fiddle with it forever to friggin' get it out

16. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

even just my mother asking me whats wrong makes me wanna fucking grab something and smash it up into bits.

17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

driving my car in warmer weather and pulling up to a traffic light next to a car with windows open and music blasting.

18. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am not sure that is something that annoys you more than it should - That is just plain annoying and rude in my opinion.

(I guess maybe this should have been on my list too perhaps lol )

19. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I always mutter under my breath, "Oh, my...Thank you for sharing your taste in music!" Ugh! :D

20. flowers

flowers Senior Member

rude or clueless. Its when I wish there was police around. But then I quickly think that what I wish for others may well also come back on to me. So I cancel that wish posthaste. :D

That is SO much more polite than what I would like to mutter under my breath when it happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.