What some guys think of girls and can't commit questions

yous

Please someone answer me this.

How do some guys stand going around from one girl to another and not caring about the girl they are with?

I guess you can say I fell a bit for one jerk, and even though there was no real commitment, I found myself completely faithful to this jerk in anything, never lied to him, and treated him well....I have a lot of guy friends and am always surrounded by them at work, but still my mind was focused on this one jerk.

What is it about some guy's brains that can't do this?? Please anyone enlighten me. Is it because girls are looking for a relationship? Someone to love them whereas some guys are just wondering when will their next lay be? I tend to find these guys immature. I've seen married guys with kids and they are able to be normal, but some guys just don't have it. Why???

I'm not tearing down on all guys, just some. I would like to hear other people's opinions on why guys don't devote a lot of effort into a relationship of any sort with the opposite sex. Doesn't have to be romantic, but is all some guys think about girls is sex and if not that they just drop them and go on to the next girl who would put out???

Louis03

Just depend's on the person and what they are looking for. Thing is hopefully they are honest about it and not misleading people or toying with them...

hornbeam

Some guys are like this because who is anyone to say they shouldnt be.

Just as long as no-one is being harmed or mislead it seems to be alright.l

The same in the fact that some girls are like this.

Not everyone wants to be in a relationship - its up to people how they want to behave.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Because there's no incentive to get into a relationship. Men outnumber women so they can go from one to the next because they don't have to compete for a woman's attention and sexual surrender. Whereas women have to compete for a man's attention. They wouldn't be able to do it if women didn't allow them to by giving them what they want so easily. *kanye shrug

jota1

Because there's no incentive to get into a relationship. Men outnumber women so they can go from one to the next because they don't have to compete for a woman's attention and sexual surrender. Whereas women have to compete for a man's attention. They wouldn't be able to do it if women didn't allow them to by giving them what they want so easily. *kanye shrug
No! not that at all. Even in societies that have more men than women the process is the same. The male species in all of the animal kingdom is programed to inseminate as many females as possible. We are humans but we are also animals.

Stormrider

Just from a guys point of view, i think this is a bit the nice guys finish last syndrom.

I think guys that are only interested in serious relations aren't running around doing all the effort to pick up as lot of girls as they can.

The Jerks that do this offcourse are getting more attention from girls because they actively try do to do things and behave different then they really are to get as many girls as they want.

This brings us to the big problem of who we can trust, can't do anything more then learn from experiences and try to be careful about new people we meet.

Offcourse i could be all wrong cause i might be an insecure fool but anyway that's what i think :cool:

yous

To be more clear on the topic, what I wanted to address is how can men be so insensitive to women's feelings (not discussing women's being rude too), when it comes to breaking up in a relationship? For example, you can apologize to women enough that they will come back to men. But men ignore women's phone calls, contacts of any kind, and it is the men that delegate whether or not a relationship can continue.

Anyone know about the 2 weeks or more rule? If a guy doesn't want to call you back, chances are he doesn't want to talk to you. Then IF HE WANTS TO, he'll call back in a month time(that is IF HE LIKED THE GIRL ENOUGH) and she is suppose to respond to that?!? So a woman who wants the relationship to work (and most women work hardest at this than men do despite how badly it went), has to wait, and wait and wait....to see if the guy wants in on a relationship or forever be lost.

Can you explain why men and women think differently in regards to relationships this way? Why guys feel they don't need anyone in their life for their selfish ego and pride(even though they do inside) and think they can always get any girl, while the girl spends time begging over ONE and has difficulty moving on.

I, of course, am generalizing a situation not EVERY situation. I just want some opinions so please no criticism...I am going through a difficult time of rejection AND confusion on stupid guys in my life with this case scenario.

jota1

Although there is always some kind of empathy, that's what makes us human, guys are more independent than women with regards to affection and relationships and they don't like to feel imprisoned.

I would not take it personally, its the way it is. Dont hang on to hope, if he has not been contacting you just try to forget him. Were no good at ending or starting relationships and maybe he does not want to confront you.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Two weeks of more rule? There are no rules like this that are legitimate or worth paying attention to. Those rules are for games. If a man is interested, he will want to be in your company and will stay in touch with you; not play mind games and only call when he's bored, using you as nothing more than an option. Don't continue being interested in people who show little or no interest in you, and don't think that you can magically change a man's mind and make him interested. Once he stops showing interest, he's just not that into you and you should move on. :console:

yous

I don't know if other girls are that way, but I tend to take relationships/friendships very seriously. Once I get to know a person I have trouble letting go no matter what happened. I understand it's easier said than done that if a person no longer shows interests, I should move on....BUT to what? I already live a pathetic life filled with other people who ignore me or are jerks to me...some I'm even related to...How am I suppose to find anyone who can at least reciprocate or be responsive because frankly I have never found anyone like that except people here on this forum.

I would think that with the billions of people in this world, they would have met their "mirrored" share of personalities who rejected them, but how are guys so easily to forget a girl and move on? I know that there is a chance he was never really in to me to begin with. And I am willing to accept that, but to have it drag as long as it did and then just disappear.

Yeah I have to accept it for what it is, but it's been real hard for me to live day by day as such an unwanted person. Anyways i had to vent my feelings here.

Jace

"Nice guys finish last". Believe it or not it is very true. Most girls go for the "bad boy" because he's "tough" and can take care of you. Then you start to think you can fix him. But in the end you realize that he is exactly that, a bad boy and you get hurt.

Some guys feel forced to become the "bad boy" because if you're not you will be ignored and not taken seriously when it comes to relationships.

yous

Yes but also Jace, girls do eventually realize the "bad boy" is too tough to please and resorts to nice guys. I'm not saying all nice guys are 'ugly' or 'go through some difficulty', but there is sometimes a correlation with that and the reason why nice guys are nice, and hence I always see beautiful bombshell women end up with lesser than attractive/status than the males who are jerks(normally good looking or high status).

Jace

I may have misread your post but are you saying our personality is based on our looks? I understand our peers can shape who we are as an individual, but not to such extremes.

yous

Well I rarely met jerks who didn't think they were good looking or smart to some extent or another and used this to their advantages to manipulate people/women. Those who were not jerks, were lesser of these statuses and less prone manipulate. I'm not saying every case is like this, but looks plays a part on people's personalities even beautiful women can be jerks.

Jace

Well I rarely met jerks who didn't think they were good looking or smart to some extent or another and used this to their advantages to manipulate people/women. Those who were not jerks, were lesser of these statuses and less prone manipulate. I'm not saying every case is like this, but looks plays a part on people's personalities even beautiful women can be jerks.
Huh, weird. I know what you're talking about people with good looks being jerks. But I see someone without good looks being cruel just as often. But that's probably because I live in a bad neighborhood and people learn to be a jerk in order to "survive" socially. So I guess it's entirely situational

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00