What sound/noise helps you to relax? & what sound/noise stress you most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

I remember when i had my iPhone, i downloaded those stupid apps that said they can help you feel better throught white noises sound therapy. So, I listened to a bunch of noises, radio waves and whatnot and i have to say..... not working.

What IS working for me is my tv in the background. I like to hear people talking in the background. Water drops also calm me alot, probably why i love rain so much. Wood burning, oh yes.... i love the sound of it... wish i have a fireplace.

What noise stresses me alot are actual people talking... weird i know.. especially loud mouth ones. I hate summer because i have to open all the windows. Having to hear my neighbors cheering and enjoying the barbecue and to see all the people enjoying themselves is not very good for my moral... not one bit... So instead of sleeping in the room closest to the backyard, I have to sleep in the room closer to the street where i can hear cars passing by every seconds. Yes, i prefer that to the neighbor's cheers.

Anyway sorry for the little rant...

What sound/noise helps you to relax? & what sound/noise stress you most?

Phteven

when im in the shower i love to put my head under the showerhead and let the sound of the water overpower any other sounds, its very relaxing to me.

i need a fan running when i sleep as i need whitenoise to fall asleep if its to quiet I have a hard time falling asleep...

I cant stand traffic noise especially motor cycles or loud cars, loud base music drives me nuts, barking dogs piss me off, the stupid pigeons on my balcony cooing r very annoying, and the fuckin garbage truck that always wakes me well enuff said...

Remedy

Chat & Forum Buddy
I like listening to the TV as well, always have it on for background noise. Total quiet helps me relax I can't sleep at night unless it's silent.
Noises that stress me out ... taps dripping and my mothers voice. She just doesn't appreciate peace and it starts to grate after a while.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I love the sound of rain falling, it's the most relaxing noise in the world!! I hate really loud noises when I'm trying to sleep, like car horns or the stupid garbage truck at 7 in the morning.

~Claire

I love the sound of waves crashing against rocks. And I love the rain & gale force winds.

I hate surround sound (unless it's in a cinema) & I hate the sound of people eating.

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
I find the "peep peep" sound of finches very enjoyable- they really start to come around at dusk.

The "noise" that stresses me is when someone is speaking to me very rapidly- fast speech makes me a wreck.

Allie123

not to cheat off of other people lol, but..

I love: waves crashing on rocks. I could lie by the beach forever and ever and ever

I hate: buzzing mosquitoes. I wish all bugs would die immediately.. I cannot handle them!!!!!!!!!!

IV2010

I cant stand traffic noise especially motor cycles or loud cars, loud base music drives me nuts, barking dogs piss me off, the stupid pigeons on my balcony cooing r very annoying, and the fuckin garbage truck that always wakes me well enuff said...
Me too..do you live near me steeb?:unsure::hugtackles:

To relax......perfect silence

nolonger

Noises that piss me off...hmm...well when the people across the road when they can't find their fucking cat. "<insert cats name>!! !!" It's just like shut the fuck up, the cat fucking hates you!!! lol. Relaxing noises...definately rain, a lite sprinkle to steadily pouring. That and my family usually always has the TV on in the background, these days people seem to listen to TV's instead of watching them :P hehe. And the low womp-womp of my car as I walk behind it aslways makes me grin, or maybe it's just that I get to smoke out the neighbours? Mmmm soot :D rofl

I have to have white noise when im trying to sleep otherwise it takes me forever to actually fall asleep. Helps me clear my head and relaxes me. I blame my ex for that one lol.

And theres loads of sounds that irritate me, too many to list lol

Bambi

Flute music and the rustling of leaves from a gentle breeze really relaxes me.

I hate the vacuum cleaner, weed blower or weed whacker and lawn mower noises-very unsettling to me. I also can not stand country music.

Mystic

This may sound silly, but I have an Ipod stuffed full of ambient music and sounds. Sometimes, I just like to listen to music which does not have a tune, just various syths and stuff drifting.

The sounds that do piss me off - ignorant neighbours who pollute my airspace with either too loud music or barking dogs.

IV2010

silence with a ticking clock....helps me relax.

people banging their stupid doors in the house next door (with the barking dogs) is becoming intolerable...

plates

the family downstairs. the mother/father singing and laughing, the little kid bouncing off the walls; right now someone is using a vacuum. all the little things. i sometimes wake up thinking "i need to go down to the kitchen," only to realise i'm not one of their family. they always sound very happy.

i hate the sound of my mother eating, sometimes her voice, and i hate the god channel and eastenders. fucking hell
oh yeah. i love listening ta the neighbours cat. :cool:

people arguing stresses me beyond belief, any sort of comfromation it is fight or flight for me, and I hate both.

relaxing has to be music it has never let me down, music is the one stable thing in my life <3

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Relaxing...sounds like birds chirping, rapids rushing, soft breezes etc.

Annoying...anything that is loud and obnoxious, especially people arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00