What stops you from commiting suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gforce7, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

My reasons:-

- The effect it would have on my beloved boyfriend
    - I can't obtain the pills needed to provide a pain free death
    - I'm affraid of the physical pain (possibly quite prolonged) of any attempt
    - I'm so depressed I don't have the energy to obtain the materials/set up a reliable method
    - I'm affraid of the uncertainty - it going wrong and being left severely physically disabled
    - I just don't have the guts... I want to die but I know from previous attempts that my 'survival gene' will trigger and make me panic

2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I dont feel depressed at the moment but when I did it was my parents.

3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

When I was thinking about suicide fear stopped me. Random nice people who made me feel better with out knowing it also kept me going. Then there was my horse who I love. When I was really upset I would just gallop him and he was always perfect for me. I didn’t know what would happen to him if I were to go. I definitely didn’t want him to end up with someone else.

4. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

well, in my view, its kinda simple.

Why do most suicidal people want to die? Because the unbearable pain, and also, the fear of more pain.

Why do most suicide attempts fail? Because of fear of dying.

Fear is powerful thing in stuff like this. (Especially if its separated with dots, and its a video game.. I hate that little girl:tongue:)

5. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

hmm intersting post.. at the moment im not really sure whats keeping me alive.
    i suppose its just the thaught of pain its gona have on my family and people at my school and stuff and i agree not being able to think of a definet method that i no would work.
    :(

6. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

Lots of things keep me from suicide, even though I think of about it unbelieveably much every day.
    My friends, family, dreams, fear...

Most of all, the will to live. I don't tecnically want to die, I just want the painful, depressing things to go away.
    I live on hoping that my life will get better soon... and it's painfully hard to do sometimes.
    There are times where I just want to give up, throw in the towel and say "That's it, screw the world, I've had enough and I'm getting a one way ticket out of here."
    I get so low (as I write this I am currently in a really low state), but I always try to look at reasons to live; and believe it or not there are many things to live for. There's always the chance that life will get better soon for many of us; but if we give up, we'll never know what could have been...

Also, can I just say that people here at SF help me a lot too. It helps knowing that you're not the only one in the world that's suffering with these feelings. We're all fighting on together on here; and it's amazing how much of a difference SF makes. So thankyou to everyone here who reads this.

Sorry for rambling!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  7. Rawr

Rawr Active Member

Hmm i guess what stopes me is..

-what it would do to my mum

-that it might not work

-it will be painful

-and that i am scared of the 'afterlife' if there is one...i dont want to remeber what i did i just want to disapier into nothing.

8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

- The hope things will get better.
    - The possibility that maybe I could make a difference in the world if I stayed.
    - Not wanting to hurt those close to me.

9. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

i don't fear death...never have...but i would never leave my family and friends with that kind of pain...i would never commit suicide..i'm here..i have pain both emotional and physically..i have to learn to deal with things. if i can't on my own, then i have to find someone to help me deal with it..not always easy, but have to do it..life does go on..at least for me..i look in the mirror every day and tell myself i am important and i am special..try it sometime..try it now..do it everyday, everytime you see a mirror..after awhile you will believe..you need to believe in yourself..you can't always count on others in your life ,,, but you CAN COUNT ON YOU....

10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I don't give a fuck about anyone, "loved ones" wtf are they? why kill yourself if you have them? That's stupid.
    I haven't done it, because there hasnt been the right time, i need to get my head in the right place so I'm not chickening out. In other words I need alcohol.

11. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

2 reasons, i've always said i'd try heroine before suicide.
    2nd i promised myself i wouldn't kill myself until i had something to lose. the perfect self-destruct.

12. Pooping and peeing my pants. I heard you do both when you die. Body shutting down...or better yet...the machine your ghost is in...shuts down. Someone will have to clean it up and I know it would not be me. Also, the people who find me...which would be my family. But these things are becoming less and less important to sway me. Some people got it and some people do not. I do not.

13. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

becaucse no one would be there to care for my dogs

and I couldn't hurt my children like that

14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

What stops me from suicide? Well, there are many reasons really. I love my life, my family and my friends. I have a lot to be thankful for, thus suicide isn't an option for me. :)

15. Aynot

Aynot Member

What stops me from doing it is simply the fear of what the afterlife holds. I'm NOT a Christian so therefore I do not believe what the bible says... so please no one try to preach bible talk to me. But I am agnostic and believe that there is something more out there. I just believe that we don't know exactly what that something more is exactly.
    What if it's worse, what if we are punished for giving up and being weak, what if we just come back in another form? Things like this is what I think of over and over.

16. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

The only reason I haven't committed suicide yet is because It's very difficult to. I can't get any of the necessary things to accomplish suicide in a painless manner.

17. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

its weird atm, i have nothing stopping me and feel quite good about doing it... but for some strange reason i just dont want to.

i dont feel too good with everything overall and dont feel like i have anything to live for but just kind of feel apathetic (im not sure if thats the right word) toward my suicide and death.

i think im being more selfish than anything. because i have nobody worrying about me now (no friends anymore), its not worth doing anything silly to get anyones attention.
    (i think thats actually kind of way twisted of me but i dont know how else to put it - i hope that bit makes some sort of sense.)

its actually really weird feeling like this and im not sure i like it but hey it beats actually doing something silly i guess. the only problem is i feel like getting into the drink and drugs again just to combat this strange feeling.

sorry for sidetracking this thread a little but i got a little bit carried away on the typing :-0 :laugh:

18. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

1. my husband
    2. my cats
    3. i dunno a reliable enough method to go painlessly and peacefully
    4. my mom

19. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

Well whenever I come home from college my little cousin always said that she wished I could stay and she doesn't want me to leave. I really hate seeing her cry.:sad:

20. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

im not sure,lol..to be honest i never thought about it.
    i want to finish and publish my book for sure,
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3832190/1/An_Angels_Love_Story
    unfourtanantly im not very good at writing though.
    That and im hoping sooooooooooo much to find romance.
    other than that i hate my family, i have very few friends, and i view my life as an open field with no one around, just me by myself. kinda deppressing really.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.