What stops you..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Confusticated, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

.. from going through with suicide? I don't mean what's stopping you now, I mean, when you're on the very brink, literally have everything set up and are about to commit the act, sometimes we stop for some reason. If this has happened to you, what was it that stopped you?

Other people may be able to use these things for themselves, when they're literally seconds from doing it. They can think back to this thread and remember the reasons they have to stop, maybe. Just an idea, but if could work for just a single person, it's worth it. So let's try and pull something together.

If this thread already exists, delete this. I'm just too lazy to check right now :tongue:

2. dontwannabeme

dontwannabeme Well-Known Member

cut myself and remember that im still alive and my heart is still pumping.

3. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

my partner stops me from doing it if it wasnt for him i think i would have done it a long time ago

4. vroomvroom911

vroomvroom911 Member

I divulged this darkest secret of mine to my aunt, I realize that if i actually go through with it, she would have to live with the guilt and regret for the rest of her life that she knew something was wrong with me and didn't say anything to any one in time to help, and someone else suffering because of something selfish I did, with out being there to apologize, bothers me.

I know its a little weird but it works.

5. TwilightZephyr

TwilightZephyr Active Member

my friend called literally the second before. I decided to answer. talked to her, than called my dad, than called another friend to come get me.

6. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

My daughter. She has lost one parent to suicide. I've seen what it's done to her. I know what it does to those left behind.

7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Due to my mood swings i am more impulsive, i don't plan and prepare.

As for what makes me change my mind...i remind myself that i am connected. My death would leave lives shattered. My mother, my father, my twin. I just remind myself that there are people who love me and my death would destroy them.

I've lost someone to suicide. It's not the kind of pain you ever get over and i would not wilfully inflict that upon anyone.

Then i just take some meds to knock myself out and i usually feel slightly more human after having a sleep and time to calm down.

8. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

Im the same way. I dont wake up everyday wanting to die. My mood swings always get the best of me. It would be unplanned. And then I think about how it would tear my family and those around me apart. I know they actually care and losing me would kill them.
    As for what truly keeps me going,it would have to be 4 year old sister. That little girl is the world to me. She looks up to me and tells me im her hero. Taking my own life would destroy her.

9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

That's beautiful :hug:

10. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Family. :smile:
    But else I'm in serious minds

11. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i dont know maybe nothing now

12. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

13. Broken-Barbie

Broken-Barbie Account Closed

14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Fear of failure pretty much. I grew accustomed to my sadness and sometime it isn't as bad, well that's what i keep telling myself. Well fuck that shit! I need to face the music.

15. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

People around me.No privacy, whatsoever.

16. BrokenSpirit

BrokenSpirit Active Member

My kids, I'm a single mother.

17. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

My mom. We have our issues, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to hurt her. When she's no longer here, I won't know what will stop me... jlc20m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.