• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

What the f***? I can't believe people have such NARROW minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison

Well.... as anyone knows, I like heavy metal music. so much, that I decided to join a metal forum. they had an off topic section forum, and I posted something there called "self-injury." The results? You can see for yourself, but in my opinion? only one word suits them: shitty. my user name in that particular debate is "buggieman444." have a look.
http://p208.ezboard.com/fultimatum19603frm7.showMessageRange?topicID=386.topic&start=1&stop=20
you can tell i was quite friendly when this topic started... but you can see how quickly my attitude changed.

Allo..

Whoa! that was a bit.. !

But i can see what ther saying.. just there differnt veiws and stuff.. Some of it they could have kept to themselves tho

poison

Well, no offense, but what were you really expecting?
what do you mean by that? do you mean that i should've expected answers like that because self-harm doesn't have enough awareness or do you believe I should've expected things like that because people view things differently? please tell me cause i don't understand your post lol.

ACRon

I think you have to show a little restraint with stuff like that. Not everyone is going to like having a conversation about something like cutting. Im sorry if this sounds narrow minded, But I don't know anything about it and I'd feel uncomfortable. Your better just discussing it with fellow cutters untill the general public have a better idea about it. Reading that thread it seems like you assumed that bieng a metaller it was common place, not all metallers are gothic. see what I mean, its an insult to the stereotype. theres plenty of threads on here that discuss it.

poison

I think you have to show a little restraint with stuff like that. Not everyone is going to like having a conversation about something like cutting. Im sorry if this sounds narrow minded, But I don't know anything about it and I'd feel uncomfortable. Your better just discussing it with fellow cutters untill the general public have a better idea about it. Reading that thread it seems like you assumed that bieng a metaller it was common place, not all metallers are gothic. see what I mean, its an insult to the stereotype. theres plenty of threads on here that discuss it.
you weren't being narrow minded at all. in fact... thats a really good way of looking at it. actually... I really agree with you. it was probably a bad idea to bring it up, but yeah, as you said... but i didn't assume all metallers cut. i just thought it would be interesting to bring it up to see how they reacted. i will never do that again as long as I live...

N

nothing-

I don't know much about cutting either. Never appealed to me.

I do know that cutting is always associated with emo kids. Posting about that kind of thing on a metal board is just asking for comments like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00