what the F is the point in crisis teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toonkate

they are so totally useless
my friend is really unwell at the moment, suicidal, disociating backwards and forwards between being heraelf and a 4 year old herself.
she overdoses last night, didnt tell anyone, but obviouslt it didnt work, she told me today, and is still thinking about doing it again, so i rang her crisis team. they wont do anything. told me to take her to A&E to get her assessed, but i told her i cant, im at the other end of the country from her! but the crisis team woman wont do anything.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
so friggin angry, told the crisis team i thought that crisis teams were pointless and hung up on her!!

Scum

I agree with you, the crisis teams that I have come across (and thats three in various different counties) have been worse than useless.

Did you get your friend some help? Or convince her to get herself some? Could you call your friend an ambulance if not?

Your friend is lucky to have a friend like you, it is worse than unfortunate (infact it is highly disgusting) that the people who should be helping her, are being worse than useless.

I know this is a useless reply, but I just wanted you to know that I totally agree.

How are you doing?

T

toonkate

nope, havnt got her any help
i know there is no point calling ambulance or police, she will just tell them she is fine and they will leave, they did last time

im finding it so hard to cope with people right now, most of my friends are going through hard times right now, had to call police for another one yesterday who had left her new born baby with her mum and gone off to kill herself.
im doing pretty shit right now too, and trying so hard to help everyone else is making me worse, especially when i get idiots like that crisis team woman on the phone!

Scum

It sounds like stuff is really tough for you.

I have a friend who lies to the police or paramedics if I call them too. It's incredibly frustrating from your point of view, but essentially it shows that no matter what you do, it has to come from that person.

That in itself shows that the only person you can really help is yourself, so you need to first off do what is best for you. If helping your friends is making you worse then try and distance yoruself from that aspect of it. It might be that you need to point them in the direction of help elsewhere and leave it up to them if they get it. That way you are helping, and it is up to them. Essentially there are lots of people that can help and support others, but only one true person that can help you.

You might think that people rely on you, but it is habit and they can do it without you. I had someone who used to, on a regular basis, text me to ask me to tell her I needed her alive because otherwise she would kill herself. One time I was not allowed to reply (I was in hospital) and yet she still made it through that night. She did not need me as much as I thoguht she did and knowing that it was not me keeping her alive was a huge relief. Maybe you need to try and get a similar pressure removed.

Allow yourself to be supported, to get some help and point others in other directions. And if you need someone totally random to listen, then feel free to PM me.

Take care honey, please do what is best for you

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Has she got any family... crisis team might take more notice of family member than a friend?! If not has she friends closer to home who might be able to do something? :unsure:

T

toonkate

im not important (i know u will say thats not true etc, but it is, beleive me)
and most of these friends have been there for me big time too, so i wont leave them

Scum

It's not leaving them. But if you yourself are feeling crappy, what happens if you end up feeling worse and doing something permanent, or that lands you in hospital so then you really have left them?

Maybe you need to take a step back for them. Sometimes the best way to help is to direct them to someone who is more mentally and/or physically able to help.

And you know deep down it is improtant, otherwise you would not have said that bit in brackets, but it is up to you whether or not you want to talk about it.

T

toonkate

i cant.
so many reasons.
also, internet is my life, my forum is my life, its all i have, i cant stay away from it or my friends

Hun, I know its hard, but really, you cant help your friends if you dont look after yourself too. If you dont look after yourself, then it usually makes things worse. I know its hard, but I think you need to take a bit of time out and have some time to yourself for just a little bit. :hug:

TDM

ace

Crisis teams can be somewhat useless at the best of times well the real term to use here is the worst of course,last night I ended calling my one because I couldn't take the constant emotional swings anymore.I rang at 4 o'clock in the morning then somehow fell asleep got a call 2 hours later and the guy said shouldn't you be asleep now,I wasn't thinking straight otherwise I would've said I was asleep and I did call 2 hours ago in quite distress.
I understand they do get busy but I find at so many times they're so useless to talk to,they just say the same thing's to you and that's it then I wonder why did I call.I find the suicide help lines usually alot more helpful of course or maybe lifeline.

Scum

i cant.
so many reasons.
also, internet is my life, my forum is my life, its all i have, i cant stay away from it or my friends
I didn't mean cut it out totally. Instead of supporting people, why not just try random convos, that can also help people, and it is more liekly to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00