What The Fuck?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ~Nobody~, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Surely it is NOT COOL to whine and complain ALL THE TIME to your fiance and HER DAUGHTER about how you don't get enough sex!??!!!!

What a PRICK!

Knew it was all too good to be true.

ARRRG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad: :sad::sad::sad::sad: :cry::cry::cry:

2. ~Nobody~

I'm supposed to be a witness at the sodding wedding.

For fuck's sake....

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Who be this fool hun. And no its not cool not cool at all.

4. ~Nobody~

My mother's fiance :sad:.

5. Terry

Sounds a complete prat to me :mad:

6. ~Nobody~

Yes :cry:. So what am I supposed to do?

7. Terry

Have a word with your mum on this one hun, it's not appropriate for him to be talking about sex in front of you. Say it calmly and clearly , this is something she really must see isnt on.

8. ~Nobody~

She does see that it isn't on. I was dragged into this whole huge fight they had just before Christmas and this all came up then. He said a load of really shitty nasty stuff over this one weekend. I had to mediate the argument.

My mum threatened to leave him if he didn't get his act together because she "wasn't prepared to drag her children through another nasty relationship". I know she didn't mean it but I guess at the time he thought she was serious. He apologised a lot, was fine for a couple of weeks. Since then it's been random bitchy comments (to my mum's face and to me behind her back). She keeps making excuses for him though, and if I'm not there when it happens then she tries to cover it up (but I hear about it from my younger brother).

She keeps telling me "not to get involved" when I try to talk to her about it, or ask her how she is feeling about it. But I am automatically involved because I live with them and because he drags me into it constantly. And quite aside from that I love my mum to bits (despite all her... faults) and I have to look after her.

She's not coping with this the right way and I feel helpless. It really upsets me and makes me angry that he is being like this.

That said, he's nicer to her than any of her past partners. Should I just shut up and be grateful?

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Grrrr!! what a buggering prat!!!! I am sorry you are having to be put in the middle of it, I know how it is to be put in the middle and you are stuck and don't know what to do. Did you talk with your mother about this? :hug:

10. ~Nobody~

I've tried. And I keep trying. She just says "don't worry about it" and then changes the subject. If I bring it up again then she gets really angry with me.

She's started drinking A LOT again. She'd been much better for about a month and now this has all blown up again she's back to how she was.

EDIT: I know it probably sounds really hypocritical to be bothered about her drinking too much when it's a huge problem for me too, but I worry about her. And she can't even admit that it's a problem. I know my drinking isn't normal. It's more the fact that she's been doing so well and now thanks to him it's all going tits up again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007
  11. Terry

No you shouldn't just shut up and be grateful...a man is not the answer to all lifes ills and this one sounds like he's causing havoc in your household. If its like this when they are engaged what the hell is it going to be like when they are actually married and he starts relaxing (people are often on best behaviour before marriage).
    If she's drinking again then she's obviously not that happy with the situation either. You need to have a proper conversation about this, she can't just tramp all over how her kids feel about the upcoming marriage and maybe if things aren't going well then she needs time out to consider if its the right thing to do or not.

12. ~Nobody~

I know, it's only going to get worse :sad:.

The thing about my mum is that she can't be alone (i.e. without a man in her life). She just can't cope with it. It's all very well talking to her about it but it doesn't work. And also she's only just started being nice to me again - I don't want to piss her off and lose that again either :cry:.

13. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I agree with Devastated. Couldn't have expressed it better.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007