What the hell!-Damn sleep patern

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pither, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Here I am, sitting awake at 4 in the freaking morning AGAIN-
    I have successfully flipped my sleeping patern ass over tea kettle.

I sleep all day and I'm up ALL FREAKING night.
    It all started when I was adjusting to medication and found it was impossible to get to sleep. So I changed the time of day I took my meds and it did nothing to alter my ability to fall asleep. So I started taking my sleep aid again and it wasn't working or I took it too late so I ended up sleeping way longer than I wanted to anyways. My whole sleeping patter was wrecked and completely non existent for about a week. I slept at random crazy hours sometimes for longer periods of time than others, I was just a mess. So eventually I got back to sleeping at least 8 hours at a time, unfortunately it was 8 hours of the DAY and not the NIGHT.

I have become nocturnal in the purest sense of the word. As you can imagine going from being active at one time of day to another can really mess some things up. My sister fails to understand that while it may seem like I'm just continuously sleeping, really I get less shut eye then she does. My parents and siblings are becoming less tolerant of my situation with each passing day. It's made it difficult to keep up with my surroundings and I think (my sister especially) that the people in my life are starting to resent me for sleeping. I man what the heel am I supposed to do? Here I am trying my best to flip it all back into place but it just isn't that simple.

Bottom line- Does anybody here know what I'm going through? Any advice to share that could help my situation?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You may want to try melatonin supplement. Sleepy time tea may be helpful for you too.

I've had horrible time sleeping and it got better recently when I quit smoking. I sure hope this lasts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.