what the hell did I do to deserve this?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Apr 6, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

There's a movie site I go to, and we post pics on each others' walls. So I posted a gothic pic of a woman with pink hair and stuff...so one of the persons didn't like it. She sent me this message:

Don't know how you could have posted on my wall
    when you have not logged in on the site for 3 days.
    I am thinking it is some hacker, so am deleting the post.
    Please only post art and beauty, clean funny stuff on my wall, representing the ideal woman, not making her look slutty. Thank you.

I replied that I did post that pic and that I was there. And I asked what did she consider beautiful because I thought what I posted is beautiful.

So she replied:

Sorry, I just don't want breasts that barely hide the nipples, just flaunting female flesh on my wall. Not my thing.

But I do love nudity in Art.
    Classic Art in particular.

So I thought okay....so I searched for an appropriate pic that she might like. I wanted to post it and ask her if that is what she liked But before I could post it, I noticed that she wasn't on my friends list...so I asked her about it and this is what she said to me:

Of course not.
    Did you ever send me a friend request?
    Even if you had been on my list, why would I do that?
    But I must say, my dear, you are not making yourself very endearing for a person to want on their friends list. lol
    If I were to post something on someone's wall they objected to, I would express my sincere regrets and try to figure out what they liked and post that on their wall. Not stand up in defiance of them.
    Even if you had been on my list - I do accept "friend" requests at random as this is not facebook - you strike me now as the kind of person who would delete it yourself and then try to put the other person on the defensive just to get a perverse sense of power.
    Maybe you could check out books from the library on the psychology of making friends? Books on developing social skills? Good luck.

WHAT THE HELL???? When did I suddenly because this evil person who doesn't care and is mean?????? Is that what everyone thinks of me?
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

It seems an extreme reaction to me but the ease of Internet communication doesn't aid stopping and considering what has been written. We use the term irl, for many people online is another world where they can freely indulge in certain behaviour with no comeback.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

There are some odd bods in this world who like to make something out of nothing. She has over reacted and made herself look like an ass. It is not what everyone thinks of you. I think you are better off without this person on your friends list, not worth knowing in my book!
  4. morning rush

I'm just shocked at the response and I keep turning and turning my comments in my mind to see if I said something wrong but it doesn't feel like I did something wrong...I did block her though, because I thought that she might do it again another time for idk what reason and I don't need that in my life...it just ruined my day to be honest :(
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

She sounds like a bit of a troll to me, or at the very least, an unreasonable person. She probably thinks she's being funny or clever and doesn't mind riling people up. I don't know if you are really sensitive or not, but sometimes people target me just because they know I'll get upset. So I know these types of people all too well, and they are assholes. It's good that you blocked her, try to keep her out of mind because she's not worth any of your thought.
  6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I don't think you did anything to warrant her response or follow-up. I don't get why she would be offended by bossoms barely covered but a renaissance nude (all bimba whale of the nile that was so popular back then) would be something she appreciates. Doesn't really matter I guess. I would try to erase her from my memory (harder than it sounds though). Clearly she's not very thoughtful or considerate of others... :/ :D
  7. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

She sounds like a damn bitch. And a prude. Hooray for boobies!
  8. morning rush

well the pic I posted did not show boobies, she was wearing a corset that lifted the boobs a bit but you didn't see anything...and the pic she showed me she wanted were naked so....I guess she had a bad day and needed to pounce on someone and that was me, the punching bag :(

but thank you all for commenting, because I really felt bad and now I don't feel so bad because I wasn't the only one who saw through her...
  9. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Bitch be crazy :bounce:

Seriously though, from the reply she gave it sounds like she's the one that likes to have power. She totally tried to analyze you from a simple picture, not even bothering to accept that people have different tastes.
  10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a psycho on your hands.

You were right to block her. Negative people like that can only bring you down.
  11. ambivalent

ambivalent Member

Hi, I'm new here, but I hope you won't mind me sharing my thoughts about what happened to you.

It does feel awful when people misjudge our intentions and even decide to label as, as this and that, without even knowing us at all.

A few years back, when I was still using ICQ chat, some unknown person would greet me/send me messages everyday with "spaz" (as in, hey spaz, watap? spaz spaz spazzzz) or "lamer" ("go die, lamer"), or even "asstard" (as in, get outta here, asstard!!! you suck!).

It was consistent and eventually made me nearly want to jump into a barrel of acid so I'd disintegrate and completely vanish from the earth (if i had access to such, I probably would have), such was the pain that unknown person did to me... and worst of all was, I didn't even know why. lol

Well, I can laugh about it now, because at this point, I see how absurd and surreal it was. That's the net, after all.

At the time, though, he or she really cut into me. Sad person, that one. Projecting whatever ate him/her up inside on unknown people.

Thank goodness I finally had the good sense to stop using ICQ. xD

That person who made you feel bad, it's good you're ignoring her (could be actually an insecure him, for all we know... lol).

You'll be able to laugh about it sometime in the future. :)
  12. ambivalent

ambivalent Member

oops, sorry... duplicate post.

Mods, kindly delete this reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013