what the hell..emos?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jane doe, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

I`ve been told that emo`s cut their wrist just to "FIT"? what the hell is that? Why would they want to fit in such a group like people who SI? Condemning theirseves to our dayly sufferings just to fit????to fit?????
    i just cant understand that..and it pisses me of as hell!
  2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I don't think all "emo" people do that. Just some of them. It's stupid, I agree. :dry:
  3. jane doe

if they do it to fit in the "emo" class they should all do it, if not they wouldnt fit? or am i wrong?
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I think it's something like that. People who don't cut themselves feel they have to in order to fit in. I dunno...
  5. jane doe

they dont have any idea what are getting into then
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

attention attention attention

i've known people like that to show off their cuts etc.

some people also think it's 'cool' to be 'tragic'.....or something
  7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Attention seeking brats. :dry:
  8. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

emos and goths make me laugh, to express their individuality they all dress, act, listen to and are exactly the same!
  9. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Emo is just a vague subculture that I never quite understood. The 'emos cut for attention thing is a bit of a (damaging) stereotype'. If you dress and act in an 'emo' way, cut, wear short sleeves- then automatically displaying your cuts mean you're wanting 'attention' and of course, it wouldn't mean that you just don't want to hide your self harm wounds. It's a situation i'm sure many are in a quite trapped situation and suffer a lot of prejudice.

There's nothing wrong with wanting attention for pain. People (not only 'emos') can self harm and have suicidal gestures- maybe a lot of underlying messages in those actions is 'please somebody help me' -perhaps they are crying out for some much needed help and support. I know my anorexia was in some ways a call for people to take notice to what was going on in my family- though i didn't understand that at that time.

And if people felt they had to cut to fit in to a group- then perhaps that signifies a lot going on in that individual's life anyway? Take away all cultural baggage- I'm talking about an individual who feels they have to self harm to fit in- doesn't that say a lot about the person? Or perhaps self harm to them means something different from the regular SI "community." I don't know.

I don't see why self harm scars and things have to be something you should be ashamed of. I've always been ashamed of mine and felt I needed to hide because of peoples' reactions. (No, I don't dress 'emo') .That's changing now.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  10. Canti

Canti Guest

Like everyone else. its the same when people say they are an individual.. like everyone else who says that?

Anyway, i guess only the posers do that so they can fit in.. sure they dont know what they are getting into but if thats how badly they want to be acepted then leave them to it. As for being acused of being a poser cutting emo, dont dress like one :) Problems solved! (not implying that anyone does >.>)
  11. jane doe

i just felt touched because i slef harm since the last 5 years and people says i´m an emo for dressing in black, or dark clothers. But i´ve been always like that, i used to be ashamed of my scras but i dont care if people who i dont know sees them(of course i hide them from people who would care to not worry them)i think there should be some way to tell these people to stop and show them what r getting into
  12. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Yeah, I agree with you Jane. I don't know how low a person has to be to pretend they're a depressed person.:dry:

Seriously, that's so...ugh...
  13. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I find it sad how the whole 'emo' term has changed over the years :sad:

Nowadays someone's called 'emo' if they seek attention by being (whether it's faked or not) depressed, often along with cutting (and 'showing off' the scars)... Someone who thinks it's 'cool' to be depressed and self-harm and all that. I don't like those people, though I'm sure they have their problems. I just wish they'd seek attention differently. I mean, everyone is in need of some sort attention every now and then :dunno: , there are different ways of asking for it. I just wish the people that nowadays are considered 'emo', would not feel like they have to resort to this way of asking for attention.

I think it's just really not cool that because of this new 'emo' stuff, the actually meaning of 'emo' click here has like faded away... :sad:
  14. jane doe

i never thought this emo thing started so long ago! Nice link:)
  15. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

It is kind of a shitty things this new way emo.. Who want`s to be deppresed?
    Who want`s to cut himself..whit no real reason? Then all of us who really have problems..if we dress in black,walk alone,aren`t smiling all the time...We are all emos? SI is a serius thing..but a bunch of kids don`t really know in what they are bringing themselfs? 3 years i am in this hells circle..can`t get out..and then some bunch of people make it like a new fashion way________you ain`t ser...:mad:
  16. jane doe

That`s exacly what i mean!
    well i guess im not the onlyone who thinks that:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.