What the hell is happening to my life?

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
In under 5 days I've been hassled and spat on by strangers on the bus, forced myself to relax and ended up forgetting work commitments, my tax bill is due and nobody is paying me, and today my first face to face client meeting the bloody fire alarm goes off, client has an anxiety attack and goes home. Turns out it was a false alarm. But I won't get paid as I didn't complete and can't write the report. I'd already been feeling stressed and anxious to start the day. This is part of contracted work that owes me the money that will pay my tax bill but is now in jeopardy. Sometimes it just feels like life has got it in for me. It's like some sadist with a voodoo doll, let's push him further, if he feels good fuck it up, if he feels bad make it worse. Life starts to feel pointless, I put 100% effort in and feels like I get 10% out. I don't think this client will come back after todays's perfectly timed scuppering of the meeting. I wouldn't blame them, I'll just be a few £Kxxx down and unable to pay my tax bill after all. Thank you Universe, you're a real pal.

Currently I just want to go home and cry but I've got another 3 hours of meetings, stupid fire alarms permitting.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I hope they'll realize that the alarm wasn't your fault and will come back.
I messaged to offer a replacement session, no response as yet. I'm sure they'll know rationally it wasn't my fault, but they'll associate me with it and I may get blamed for not using an office with reliable fire alarms...

In under 5 days I've been hassled and spat on by strangers on the bus, forced myself to relax and ended up forgetting work commitments, my tax bill is due and nobody is paying me, and today my first face to face client meeting the bloody fire alarm goes off, client has an anxiety attack and goes home. Turns out it was a false alarm. But I won't get paid as I didn't complete and can't write the report. I'd already been feeling stressed and anxious to start the day. This is part of contracted work that owes me the money that will pay my tax bill but is now in jeopardy. Sometimes it just feels like life has got it in for me. It's like some sadist with a voodoo doll, let's push him further, if he feels good fuck it up, if he feels bad make it worse. Life starts to feel pointless, I put 100% effort in and feels like I get 10% out. I don't think this client will come back after todays's perfectly timed scuppering of the meeting. I wouldn't blame them, I'll just be a few £Kxxx down and unable to pay my tax bill after all. Thank you Universe, you're a real pal.

Currently I just want to go home and cry but I've got another 3 hours of meetings, stupid fire alarms permitting.
:(im sorry i hope the situation gets better....hugs *sadhug*sadhug

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I guess a home visit is out of the question
It kind of is. The person seems to be understanding and we've rescheduled. I have messaged the department funding the work as it's been a month since I invoiced like they asked me to, and have heard nothing and the contract has started, with an agreement for upfront payment which hasn't materialised, it just so happens today is taxes deadline and the money they owe me, in addition to what I've scraped aside, would cover my tax bill. But there's no sign of it which has created a sense of underlying unease which makes my stress triggers more sensitive. As I thought the money was coming to me I didn't contact the taxes to say I would struggle to pay as I shouldn't be in this situation having done everything I can to pull the money together. Now I have to wait on psychopathic finance departments who think in numbers and don't care that the money in their Sage and Excess rows and columns is someone's life they're screwing with.

It kind of is. The person seems to be understanding and we've rescheduled. I have messaged the department funding the work as it's been a month since I invoiced like they asked me to, and have heard nothing and the contract has started, with an agreement for upfront payment which hasn't materialised, it just so happens today is taxes deadline and the money they owe me, in addition to what I've scraped aside, would cover my tax bill. But there's no sign of it which has created a sense of underlying unease which makes my stress triggers more sensitive. As I thought the money was coming to me I didn't contact the taxes to say I would struggle to pay as I shouldn't be in this situation having done everything I can to pull the money together. Now I have to wait on psychopathic finance departments who think in numbers and don't care that the money in their Sage and Excess rows and columns is someone's life they're screwing with.
*sadhug

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Today's Shit Menu

Starters

Tax bill due today - can't pay it because I haven't been paid for contracted work which was invoiced weeks ago.
No response from my creditors to my follow ups asking where payment is and likely timescale for getting paid.
My afternoon calls were cancelled last minute, which I won't get paid for.

Main Course

Set off for evening meetings and had to turn back as public transport, normally shit, was for some reason completely non-existent - went to the bus stop, there was already a crowd, so I went to the stop round the corner to jump the queue. But the bus never came. I kept going to check out the crowd at the bus stop, which kept growing, and I knew if the bus did come it would be crowded and unpleasant, but I was still planning to go ahead. After 1 hour there wasn't one single bus on this major road into this major city. They're supposed to be every 7 minutes. By this point I could see myself stuck on a smelly hot overcrowded bus for 2 hours in between work and home and waste the entire evening, so I had to call up and ask people to do remote calls instead, thankfully they agreed.
At least I got a walk in the cold, and I didn't put the heating on as I was going out for the evening so saved some cash, thank heavens for small mercies!!!!

I feel a bit full for any more, so I'll hope to skip dessert!!!

Is it only Tuesday?!

Waves

Oh my. It would be better if you could be your own boss. Provide services and get paid directly. And in cash preferably. I bet you would be a popular YouTuber or tik toker Could monetize it if so.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Oh my. It would be better if you could be your own boss. Provide services and get paid directly. And in cash preferably. I bet you would be a popular YouTuber or tik toker Could monetize it if so.
Ironically I am my own boss - which actually means in fact having many different bosses. I do some work I get paid directly for which is keeping my mortgage and bills paid but there are some huge chunks through these corporates which are snared up in their labyrinthine systems. I was uploading videos before Youtube existed, but it's so hard to gain traction with all the young people doing such things these days. I'll have a think what I could broadcast 😀

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I too hope things will start improving.
I hope life will start being kinder to you soon.
Thank you. I hope so too. Still not heard from my creditors, their incomptence is messing up my life. I got a small windfall today when I heard a concert I first booked in 2020 had finally been cancelled altogether, after numerous covid and performer health cancellations. Unfortunately they will only refund to the original card and I had to cancel that card due to fraud, so now I don't know who has the money and will have to go through numerous hoops to get my money back. They can't send a cheque in case it goes to the wrong person - in other words Ticketmaster hope people won't bother and they gets to keep the money!

Meanwhile I need to get paperwork off to my mortgage broker, after the last remortgage fell through 3 times, I now have another at a lower interest rate which will go a long way to solving all my financial issues if accepted.... But means I cannot currently borrow the money to pay my tax bill or pay in instalments as it would mess up the mortgage application credit check - catch 22!!

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I had to wait until after midnight in case I scuppered it, but Wednesday was a non eventful day, the buses ran on time, there were no threats on the bus, the technology worked, and no nasty surprises lurking anywhere.

Survive 2 more days, hopefully there will be some news and money will come my way 🧲🧲🧲🧲🪄🪄🪄🪄

Thank you. I hope so too. Still not heard from my creditors, their incomptence is messing up my life. I got a small windfall today when I heard a concert I first booked in 2020 had finally been cancelled altogether, after numerous covid and performer health cancellations. Unfortunately they will only refund to the original card and I had to cancel that card due to fraud, so now I don't know who has the money and will have to go through numerous hoops to get my money back. They can't send a cheque in case it goes to the wrong person - in other words Ticketmaster hope people won't bother and they gets to keep the money!

Meanwhile I need to get paperwork off to my mortgage broker, after the last remortgage fell through 3 times, I now have another at a lower interest rate which will go a long way to solving all my financial issues if accepted.... But means I cannot currently borrow the money to pay my tax bill or pay in instalments as it would mess up the mortgage application credit check - catch 22!!
I hope these troubles end one day and to be filled with peace..*hug

Waves

Ironically I am my own boss - which actually means in fact having many different bosses. I do some work I get paid directly for which is keeping my mortgage and bills paid but there are some huge chunks through these corporates which are snared up in their labyrinthine systems. I was uploading videos before Youtube existed, but it's so hard to gain traction with all the young people doing such things these days. I'll have a think what I could broadcast 😀
Unfortunately youth sells. If you had that cat you had that might have been a YouTube option. Everyone loves cat videos

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Unfortunately youth sells. If you had that cat you had that might have been a YouTube option. Everyone loves cat videos
I might be borrowing Tiddles while her humans go on holiday. If I ever get paid I'll invest in some cameras and shoot a year's worth of content while she's here 😀 Failing that I could hire a young actor and just do the scripts and behind the scenes. 😂

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00