What then .... ??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by drummer, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drummer

drummer Member

I read on a site that the definition of suicide is " a permanent solution to a temporary problem ". If that is the case, what happens when the problem is no longer temporary, when the problem is the only thought you have from the moment you wake to the moment you fall asleep, when the problem is so great and overwhelming that you genuinely can't remember a time that the problem wasn't there ... what then as that's how I feel?

Where does that leave me?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I don't have the answer, as am pretty much in the same place.
    I guess the answer is that everything changes and we just sit it out until things turn round.
    Cold comfort when you feel you are in an impossible position, but it's the only thing I can do.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know either, because I've felt the same way for at least 15 years, and things haven't gotten much better. But I'm still here because I can only hope it won't always be the same way. I think someone told me that everyone has their turn to have great things happen to them. I'm still waiting for that, so I hope it comes around soon.

4. drummer

drummer Member

"Everyone has their turn to have great things happen to them" - really wish I could believe that but with what I've been through lately, I find that idea very hard to subscribe to.

Thanks for the replies anyway - good to know that someone is willing to listen ... something I've not had in a long time.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

you can always pm me if you need a friendly ear :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.