What time of day do you feel most depressed?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brandt, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why but I always feel really depressed 5PM or later, in the mornings I'm usually good and it's the worse when I'm getting ready for bed. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that getting ready for bed/in bed I have time to stop and think about everything, which is why I usually try to occupy myself with things to keep my mind busy so I don't have time to think about everything. Anyone else like this where you find a specific time of day, every day, you feel more depressed than usual?
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Definitely the evenings, even more so now that the days are shorter.
  3. RumoursOfMyDemise

RumoursOfMyDemise Well-Known Member

Usually the evenings are worse for me (I typically experience what I call the 'late afternoon slump' which tends to hit around 3-5pm), although sometimes the mornings can be almost as bad. Some mornings I just wake up and want to die. Most nights I go to bed hoping that I won't wake up the next morning.
  4. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

First thing in the morning...I tend to feel better as the day goes on hitting a peak round about 9 to 10pm.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Mostly in the evenings. However if I wake up in a foul mood it will continue throughout the rest of the day, gradually getting worse.
  6. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Mornings are worst for me. Usually because I wake up disoriented and as soon as I realize that I'm awake, I know the routine that's become my life will begin again. So, mornings are horrible for me.
  7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Evening if I was able to get a reasonable amount of sleep the night before.

If short on sleep: morning terrible, slight improvement after breakfast, then sharp drop off back to terrible for the remainder of the day.
  8. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

It's impossible to tell i have erratic mood swings all day and everyday is different (in terms of my mood). So it could be when i first wake up, midday, midnight or when i'm trying to get to sleep.
  9. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

10. Null

Null Well-Known Member

For me its the mornings.

I love waking up and having breakfast, but it starts right after I get to work. I would say about 8:30 - 9:30 I'm always at my most depressed.... kinda like today... guess that's why I'm moping around on the forums.
  11. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

evenings. \ This thread should have a poll, would be interesting to watch the results
  12. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

on waking it's the worst, but not when I'm medicated.
  13. Sleep

Sleep Active Member

As soon as I wake up I wish I hadn't. I just want to die peacefully in my sleep because that's the only time I'm free of depression and feeling hopeless. Also things seem bleak around 6pm when it feels like it's been dark for hours and it's such a long evening in winter.
  14. Nightlight

Nightlight Well-Known Member

Mornings. I have never been a morning person anyway, so, whatever I guess.
  15. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

All of the time. Worst at night though I'd say.
  16. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

17. Madsys

Madsys Active Member

night time...when im left to myself...in the dark away from everyone when all is quiet and noone can find me or see me...when everyone else is asleep....thats when i get most depressed..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.