What To Do About An Ex?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sleepwalk, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

Right off, I suck at relationships and with few exceptions have avoided them all my life. But....

A few years ago I began an affair with a married friend. It was supposed to be something casual but in short order became intense with a connection neither of us coul deny or walk away from. It was also the first time since I was 12 that I hadn't thought daily about committing suicide. Long story short, they split, we were together, but between their history and family pressures they reunited. This should have marked the end for us.

But she kept coming back to me. Of course I believed it meant she wasn't where she wanted to be, and maybe she's not, maybe she's too afraid to leave, maybe, maybe, maybe....

Now she's set up a fake Facebook account so she can keep in touch with me behind hubby's back. She has messaged a couple of time saying she has made peace with our past and moved on but it seems ironic to me that she sent these messages from the fake account she set up to keep in touch with me behind his back.

Anyone else I would have cut off a long time ago and I should probably do the same with her but I just haven't been able to say the words. I think it's the finality of sending her away, facing the fact that she'll be out of my life forever. Maybe I just need a kick in the ass. Maybe I just needed to vent. Any thoughts or suggestions?
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Break it off.

Nothing good can come from that kind of relationship.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.