What to do after surviving attempt?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Hurted, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any good resources? I don't care even if it's a long read... I would like to change something in my life, or at least try to... My last attempt made me realize more than ever that i don't truly want to die. Today my doctor told me i probably won't need skin transplantation, because my wound is healing fast, which filled me up with some hope. Although i'm still suicidal, i'm currently not in the state to try it again anytime soon. I could have end up in a wheelchair that night but all i got was large wound. Perhaps i should be happy that i can still walk, that car could have easily killed me, which was my intention? Or wasn't it? Perhaps it was a cry for help for my innerself (nobody knows it wasn't an accident)?

2. poster2747

poster2747 Member

I am so sorry you felt so sad to try to kill yourself.
    Posting on this forum is a good resource.
    Also, contacting the Samaritans or your local suicide hotline can help.
    The Samaritans are there to listen to feelings, not just imminent suicide attempts.
    As well as this forum, there are other support forums.
    How about looking to see if there are any drop in groups in your area. We have a local MIND drop in group and another, not so well known charity hold them too.

Best wishes in rebuilding your life.

3. box_of_paperclips

box_of_paperclips New Member

I didnt cut myself but took a massive paracetamol overdose, liver failed now im on a kidney ward as my kidneys were failing.
    Thankfully on the mend but off to psychiatric hospital tomorrow. I was half an hour away from being helicopter lifted to a London hospital for a liver transplant. I dont regret it but feel strangely detached. Feel sorry for relatives etc but no remorse. Hence im "high risk" and need to be admitted to psych ward.
    Wish me luck x

4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

Paracetamol or acetaminophen or Tylenol are all the same thing. It is the Worst thing you could possibly OD on. If you die it will be a slow painful, agonizing death due to liver failure. It's actually far more dangerous to OD on than many prescription meds and if you survive you'll be disabled by organ damage. Do not do this even if you want to die. It's not a good choice. I too have some organ damage from a benzodiazepan OD attempt but it's not so severe that I am disabled. It has however affected my general health, vitality and energy. I have many strange, unexplained symptoms, allergies,and sensitivities. I once went to a new GP with all my complaints and she said perplexed, "It's almost as if you've been poisoned." She hit the nail on the head.

5. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

You need someone to talk to who can listen and give you advice probably beyond this forum. Please get in touch with a therapist/psychologist. They are professionals, have the appropriate training and keep confidences. I see one every week or two and she has helped me through many crises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.