what to do in moments you feel like dying?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anunkhasan, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anunkhasan

Anunkhasan New Member

What would you do in a moment where you cannot breathe anymore and your psychical pain is going to tear your heart apart. In a moment were you think that the only possibility is to commit suicide coz you cannot bare it anymore.

2. Kayetan

Kayetan Active Member

I feel that way all the time, mostly from internal pain, but sometimes physical, lately a combination of both. I'm tired of always hurting, but I can never bring myself to end it. When I feel like this, I just keep trying to come up with reasons to be alive. I never find reasons, but the time it takes to think is usually long enough for something to happen, like someone calls or comes home, where I can't harm myself. I don't want others around when I feel this way, so the cure is to have them around.

3. querida

querida Well-Known Member

I used to feel like that a lot. And in truth I used to cry and scream and cut myself. I've OD'd and made nooses to hang myself. I've ended up in hospital a few times. But that was stupid. Deep inside I know that I don't want to die, no matter how much I think I want to at the time.

When I feel like that now. I go seek out one of my housemates. I tell them what I'm thinking and I usually cry in their arms for a while. And most importantly I stay with them until I don't feel like I want to die anymore, as I know that I won't do anything bad when they are there.

I'm here if you want to talk.

4. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I choke back the feelings, dry the tears, and keep going.
    I still feel like shit, and I'm just spiraling deeper and deeper.
    But at least I'm keeping up appearances.

I assume some day in the near future, I'll be unable to bottle it up any longer.
    At that point, I will probably do something stupid.
    Hopefully, I will either die, or come out without any lasting damage.

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

In those moments i pray for the strength to actually do it....cos believe me i'm tired of this existence and this constant feeling of nothingness.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  6. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

To be honest, I lie down somewhere, often the bathroom floor, and cry. Also, like Aaron, I pray. Sometimes with bitterness, but God forgives. Those are my beliefs anyway.

If your pain is that bad, it sounds like you really need painkillers. Do you have any? Is there someone who could give you the proper dose on schedule? My mom has dealt with severe back pain for ten years, and the pain often gets so bad she talks about suicide. Take care, and stay safe. I hope you get the proper treatments for your pain and that great relief will come with it.

7. saeyoon Chung

saeyoon Chung Well-Known Member

scream and break stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.