1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do? neighbours... [poss. triggering]

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. KittyGirl

    KittyGirl Well-Known Member

    So... tonight, my mom and I finally called the cops on our neighbours.
    Why? We've moved in 3 weeks ago. It has been the same every day and night from them...
    The walls are paper thin, there is a young woman- her toddler and infant; and boyfriend who live there.
    Every day, at least 3 times a day the girl and her boyfriend have a screaming match. Once at 5am, once around 6pm and again- every single night around 2am.
    I hear yelling, screaming, sobbing, banging about-- and tonight for sure, we heard him beating her and her screaming at her small children to: "get the fuck in your room!!"

    We also know that there is ALOT of drug traffic in and out of that apartment.
    Sometimes, there are strange men standing outside of the front of the building, yelling and screaming at her; calling her a 'stupid *****', saying that she owes him $1000.
    We didn't tell the police that.
    We also made the call anonymously; given both of their violent behaviours... and because we hope that our place isn't broken into by one of their many 'acquaintances'

    Anyway... my question is: how can I save these children without getting involved?
    We've gotten involved in situations like these before-- to save children who were being abused; and there is never any police protection for us. We've had our houses broken into, we've been tracked down in public before, we've gotten threatening phonecalls or bricks through our windows... and mom is getting old. She doesn't need all of that 'excitement' anymore.
    So... how could we go about forcing the mother to get help-(from listening to her screaming and crying every day and night, I really do think that she is either bi-polar or schizophrenic; and she is hurting her children)
    or just getting those sweet little girls the help they deserve?

    Any suggestions on what to do? Who to talk to?
    ...I find that alot of the time, there is nothing you can really do. Shit gets really bad before many law/social aid enforcements will actually step in without a witness of the actual abuse admits it is happening.
  2. ZombiePringle

    ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

    Really all you can do is leave an anonymous tip with social services and hope that they decide to step in... If she is mentally unstable they will also hopefully get her the help she needs. Its just really best to get those kids out of situation like that as fast as possible before too much damage is done to them...
  3. betteroffunknown

    betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

    Im sorry to hear youve encountered (again) such tough circumstances. Id maybe encourage you to leave an annonymous tip each time you hear this taking place. Im not aware of the laws you have where you are, but here the early morning disturbances alone would be considered disturbing the peace at minimum. Id also encourage each time its apparent of drug activity to again annonymously call. Those girls, you, and your neighbors dont need that going on around you. Police may or may not respond in the beginning but they wont be able to deny it too long (Id think) with continual complaints. It sounds like its in everyones best interest to nip this quickly.
  4. cult logic

    cult logic Staff Alumni

    Social services will likely remove them.