What to do next

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by jarvis42, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarvis42

jarvis42 New Member

I'm completely lost. I'm in my last semester as an electrical engineering student at Purdue. I really don't like my major and I haven't liked my internships very much. I've thought a lot about becoming a firefighter, but it is very competitive. I've tried talking to my supports like my therapist and nothing has really come of it. I just feel stuck and I don't know where to turn so I guess I'm turning to this forum.

Anyone have any advice on how to continue and live a healthy life?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Finish what you started hun you can always go back afterwards to persue a different path but finish what you started ok so you have that accomplishment under your belt

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Finish the semester so you have that silly piece of paper to show for your efforts to this point, then you can look inot other things. Do they have the volunteer fire departments or auxiliary there like we have up here? You could possibly do thta or look into it even while still in school as a way to explore options more thoroughly .

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Go be a firefighter! Trust me, nothing worse than doing what you don't want to do for the rest of your life. Be happy. But do what they said first, if you can... :) Peace!

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Whats few more months to fin degree? Then do whatever makes u happy

6. jarvis42

jarvis42 New Member

I know that's the logical choice, but I'm not sure I can make it through another semester. I'm in some really tough classes and I'm really worried about not passing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.