What to do when Distractions Don't Distract...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically I use various distractions as much as I can throughout the day because if I'm not in my lowest of moods they generally can keep me away from darker thoughts and maybe even raise my mood a little bit. But the problem is that as the day goes on, they seem to become less and less effective until they no longer have an impact on me and my mood and thoughts, and nothing else that I try works. I start to sink lower and lower until I get to the point where I am get caught in my usual thought cycles of visualizations of what I could do to myself and the thought processes of self-negativity that go along with them. I'm never at the point where I'm far enough to act on anything, but that doesn't make the experience any less miserable. I don't have friends that I can really talk to and I've never been comfortable going to my family with these sorts of things.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or any advice as to what I could try when this happens?

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Breathing techniques, Positive self talk, Visualization of a sereene place.. I visualize myself in a boat on the river just floating with the tide..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00