What to do when wife says

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I tried to tell my wife about my depression and thoughts. Her statement was well don't do it if I am home. This was a deep cut to my soul as I have stuck with her since she was diagnosed with lupus.
    Now I can't even look at her without feeling contempt.

2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry she said that. Please don't give up. Stay strong. Know we are always here. We care.

3. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words of kindness

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so, so sorry that you got this response from her. Did you tell her that it hurt you to hear that?
    It might be her backwards way of saying she cares... though I don't think it was the right response at all!

Please don't give up. Keep fighting and don't give up the fight! Do you have somewhere you can go to get these thoughts out of your head? Is there something that helps you when you feel bad?

5. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you phantomlady. I think I am about done with this life. I cannot afford counseling here in the USA, I think most times it is just better to end it.

6. ThePhantomLady

No, it isn't. It can get better.

Is there anything at all you like to do? Does going for a walk help at least a bit? Being active?

Have you considered to look up self-help articles online at least? What about medication? I know how easy it seems to give up, but you don't have to!

7. brknsilence

Can you call the suicide hotline number?

8. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I am about spent from all of it. I have been through this before and survived yet it was a long 10 years. I don't think I can go through it again. What my wife said cut me deeply and I don't think that I will recover from it. She will be taken care of if something happens.

9. brknsilence

Please don't give up. Tell your wife her words hurt.

10. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I can't even be near her right now.

11. brknsilence

Can you write her a letter explaining how much it hurt? Leaving it out for her somewhere and maybe going for a walk or to the store for awhile?

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  12. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can do the letter as again I would feel I have to defend myself about my feelings.

13. ThePhantomLady

If anything, get out of the house for now, get your feelings cooled down a little bit so you can think more clearly. Please.

14. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you again for your advice. I do admire you and everyone else who have not belittled me or made feel that I was less than human. I am in the basement now, shut in a room. My son in law came down to talk to me which helped yet he has issues of his own.

15. brknsilence

Keep talking if it helps. I know talking helps me at times. To feel less alone

16. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Mpk my friend, I'm so very sorry that you were treated like that. You're a good man and didn't deserve that, no one does.
    Please hang in there, we care about you here and we need you too. PM anytime you want to talk.
    Brian

rfs likes this.
  17. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please keep talking to us. Nobody is going to judge you here. I'm so sorry for what your wife said to you. It was beyond cruel of her.

18. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I made it through the night yet now starts another dark depressing day.

19. brknsilence

I'm so glad you're still here

20. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

One day at a time unfortunately I believe the end is near. Hope you are well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.