What to do when you are just find with death

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by John Smith, Feb 28, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith Member

I have felt this way for a while.
    I feel just fine with death.
    If I died now or tomorrow, it's fne.

There is nothing that I will miss.

I have seen people advise that you have ao much to live for, think aboit all the nice things you will do/see, etc.

But I'm just fine. I don't have to see all the nice things. It's okay if I didn't do all the things they say that's something to live for.

The only thing that's stopping me is that I don't want to chicken out and leave everyone behind like a coward.

But then it's not really a life if you are only living because you don't want to make it more difficult for other people.

What do people say to people like me?

Thank you for listening.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, try and create your own happiness, what do you want to do that would make life at least tolerable for you? What are your interests? Keeping yourself occupied is the number one thing that will help. You're not a coward, you're not anything of the sort. I think you are a nice person but you cannot stand the emotional turmoil and torture that is depression. You want life to be better, not die, am I correct? Please keep talking to us here, we really do care.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Your own happiness doesn't depend on others. Find your own passions, find what you love and want to do.

Have you had any help to deal with these feelings? A counselor or a therapist? Perhaps that could also help you get a better perspective of things?
  4. John Smith

John Smith Member

Thank you very much for your time.

I feel already better.

My problem is that I don't have anything that makes me want to "not die".

What do normal people have to live for?

Can it be skiing?
    Can it be playing computer games?
  5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

it can be either of those things if they are important to you

that's the hard part - finding something that is yours that makes you want to get up in the morning