What to do when your best isn't good enough

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by emptytank, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

It's disheartening and discouraging to see the biggest losers/xxx have all the female attention they could ever want while people who studied hard, earned a college degree, are making good money, are living an active lifestyle (working out, etc.) and would love to have someone in their life continue to have absolutely no luck. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  2. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

Have you ever noticed that young females in their late teens and early 20s tend to have the biggest assholes/douchebags/losers/XXXX as boyfriends?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

uggggg :sad:

4. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Keep trying. hell, it worked for the loser/douchebags it will probably work for you too.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe if didn't have so much hate and contempt for the guys who do have girlfriends and were a nicer person, the girls would like you too? Girls just love me, because I'm genuinely a nice person. Try it sometime.

6. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

Girl of that age here.
    To be honest when i date a guy i do look for intelligence but basically only so i can have a good conversation. You seemed to not know what a girl is actually looking for (what everyone is looking for regardless of gender actually) - someone they can trust, be honest with, can rely on, but also someone who can make them laugh, give them confidence, has enthusiasm. Studying hard is a sign that you are dedicated - which is lovely :biggrin: but for me i'm not interested in how much money a guy earns, all i want is someone who is willing to try and understand me. And that actually is a big want nowadays it seems! :wink:
    In this post and other recent posts you sound so angry, i'm worried about you. I used to have a lot of anger, i used it as a defense against the world that i percieved was against me. But when i started to actually look at why i was angry, i found that it was actually because i was had really low self esteem. It may be something to look at prehaps?
    Some silly girls do enjoy a bad boy but to be honest none of those relationships ever last, and you don't want to go out with a girl like that anyway.
    I hope this has helped. :biggrin:

7. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Maybe because not all girls share the same values as you and are actually looking for a human being/person? Or maybe the 'biggest losers' are actually very attractive to some girls because they have an attractive personality?

8. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

maybe your standards are too high lol

9. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Maybe the girls standards are too high.:biggrin:

Sorry to be mean, perhasp you need to worry less about what you don't have and concentrate on what you do have.

10. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

That's something I need to keep reminding myself of at the moment.

11. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Dude, it's a problem on your end. Sorry if it hurts but it's true. I know a lot of people with that attitude about women and it says one thing very clearly: You don't know much about women. The majority of people who are living an active lifestyle and making good money are in perfectly healthy, intimate, fun relationships with people they enjoy spending time with. There is very, very little luck involved in dating, it's trial and error, you work at it and learn from your mistakes. Hating on guys that have realized they aren't going to attract someone by being negative isn't going to do anything for you. Honestly, you see so many whiny posts from grown men on the internet about how their dating life sucks. You don't get stuck with the short end of the romance stick, you volunteer for it.

12. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Not true, some people are just too shy or don't feel comfortable with the opposite sex or a hundred and one other reasons. Finding someone who can handle even alittle of my crazy isn't easy.

13. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Oh definitely. I should have worded it better, what I mean is that there are a great many guys out there who have the potential to be in great relationships with great people and sabotage themselves by hiding behind shyness, among other things, in order to avoid going out there and facing their problems. The thing is, that attitude in itself, that lack of courage to take the initiative and actually do something is unattractive. No one wants a boyfriend or a girlfriend made of glass, but more so for the guys, you need the guts to go after what you want.

14. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

OMFG I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I AGREE WITH YOUR POST:blink: they all seem to have assholes as boyfriends and its sickening, because they come off to be jerks and losers. i know i hate it, id love to have a special someone in my life, and every girl i EVER ask out or tell her i like her the answer is NO..:unsure: i havent got my degree yet so my hat goes off to you, and my money situation im working on, and i have not a single muscle on my body, so dont worry youre better off than me:laugh: but yeh, i have no luck period.. ive never met a girl into me and am not sure if i ever will..:unsure:

15. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Don't worry guys. The right girl for you will come along sometime. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

16. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

Let's see how much confidence YOU would have in yourself after being rejected your entire life. And the rejections aren't simple "no's." They are harsh and psychologically crippling. You claim that I don't know much about women, but you obviously do not know much about me.

17. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

Exactly. My standards are not nearly as high as your average 20-somethings snob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.