What to do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by zppp, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zppp

zppp New Member

Hi all

I have come across this forum, as I want your opinions on what feels an impossible situation.

I don't have many friends, as I moved away from home, everyone I know at uni has gone there separate ways etc.
    I have a best friend at work and went out a couple of nights ago on the lash. We were all a but drunk, and I offered for him to stay the night if he wanted, given how far away he lived. He pulled me aside and said I was getting clingy and making a pass at him. He said he knew it was not the case, but he was worried about what other people would say.

I was upset by what he said, so I left very soon after. The night after at our works Christmas party, I saw and heard him telling people that I had been coming on to him. I feel betrayed, and that I have lost a true friend. I don't know how to deal with this, and I woke up this morning contemplating suicide, as it seems like an easy way to deal with this. I just feel depressed. To a lot of people this sounds ridiculous, so apologies for moaning on.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It does not sound ridiculous hun it sound like this person had insecurities and was pushing them on you what this person is doing is making you look bad so he look good do you understand. The best thing for you to do if the talk continues is to go to job relations in your work and get this stopped He is an ass really and if you have enough courage stand up to him and tell him quite clearly that what he is saying is outright lies and you will report him to labor board if such talk continues.

3. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

You're considering a VERY permanent solution to a very temporary problem. You're depressed. It would help to see someone, possibly get on some meds. But don't hurt yourself over this. This is a very minor thing that in six months you'll laugh about. The guy sounds like a jerk - just tell him you didn't make a pass at him and you're not interested in him. I've had similar things happen and I say "I do not date people I work with, that is a steadfast rule with me." That usually gets the point across.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.