what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by natchan, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natchan

natchan New Member

I'm 21 and it seems like if you're gonna fuck up in life 21 is the right age to do it, or so at least that's what people tell me. I'm in a crisis where I'm drowning in bills, working 2 jobs I hate. But it seems like whenever I open up to someone all I get is a "you'll get over it" or "you're young, you'll be fine" and I hate it! I hate the feeling of wanting to die or wanting to take my own life but it just wont leave my mind. I hate where I'm at now in life and the thing is I feel like my problems are nothing compared to other people's problems. I feel so petty. I hate who I've become. I don't want to feel like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Natchan and welcome to the forums.

Those who say to suck it up,get over it , grow up etc..I don't think it's actually their fault because they cannot understand your illness. It's the silent illness and the stigma needs to go in my opinion. I understand you are drowning in bills but do you have medical insurance or something, thank goodness the professionals understand or try to and can help you get back on your feet. You will meet many like minded people here.

I wish you all the best with everything, good luck to you.
  3. me84

me84 Active Member

Hi Natchan I understand so much how hard it is to open up to people. I have been through some really rough stuff. When I try to open up I get the same answers. You need to find that one person you can talk to. Even me. Sometimes you can't just get over your past. Things take time. Emotions are strong and it is hard not to follow them. I have high anxiety and ptsd I understand those suicidal thoughts. I try to put some headphones on and breathe my favorite song to try and clear my mind is One Republic (say) all I need. Things will never change over night I just try to take it one second at a time. And when my worst memories fill my head, try to think of your happiest memory. Something as simple as a smile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.