What to do

mei

I don't know what to do.

Where I'm from psychiatrists and other types of therapy isn't big on the market. There's none in my town or the next or the next. There are some in the main city but I can't go there since I'm still a teenager. My parents don't know that i'm on this site or that I'm having... problems? And I don't plan on letting them know.

It may not be necessary but I'd really want to get help. I just want to get better because I don't want to feel the way I do when the days come when I feel as though my heart's sinking and dropping to my stomach and the tears don't stop.

I'm okay today but I'd want to always be okay.

I don't think there's anything that I can do but I'm still fishing for answers. I hope this post didn't take a lot of your time.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi hun, how old are you? Do you think telling your parents you are unhappy is an option right now? Maybe they will even take you to the city. I do know how you feel. I was isolated for years knowing I needed mental help but there was no one I could talk to or tell fearing they will laugh or dismiss it. Don't worry about us taking time, that's what we are here for pet :) You are free to message me anytime. I'm onlne every day! How is school going for you?

mei

I just turned 16 this month. It's not an option right now. I don't know how to explain it but I know that they won't take me to the city. I've tried telling my dad before. I was just being stupid but he was right to dismiss it. School's good, tomorrow they'll announce the grades. I'm kinda excited. Wish my parents would go but they can't. I might be the on the top of my class so that's really good.

I'm sorry for rambling.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The top of your class.....wow that's amazing hun! I'm excited for you. I hope it goes as well as expected. No I don't think your dad was right to dismiss it, depression can affect people of all ages. It is crucial to get it treated as early as possible. Hmmm...do you have a school counsellor you could talk to? That'd be your best bet right now I think.

mei

In my country I don't think schools have that. And it's hard to talk to people in person. I've tried that and it just made things worse. I've become such a hassle to those who I tell these things to, hahaha. I just hope I never told anyone in the first place. That person who I'm thankful to for listening I also hate for making me open up in the first place. Oh look, I'm rambling again. Still, thanks for replying. I can still cope like this so I'll just wait till I graduate or something.

Again, thanks. REALLY REALLY. Thank you.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
*hugs* to you hun. You shouldn't have to suffer in silence or suffer alone like this. It seems so unfair, what country are you in (only f you feel like sharing)? do you have siblings?

What do you plan to study after school? You hae a great mind set for someone your age, well done for doing so well in school. My sister is 17 and she's been suspended twice this year so far, you are so much more mature and have your wits about you.

You are very welcome honey!

mei

I'm from the Phil. Yeah I have siblings but they're the same. It's fine. I'm really okay. It comes and goes so I just focus on the days where it's gone.

I still have two more years but I plan on taking engineering, then food tech. I want to help with my parents so I won't be a useless lump at home hahaha.

Mature, I hope so. I try to be for reasons I'm not sure with yet. If she's anything like you (your sister) i'm sure she's great!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awww thanks lol. My sister will end up having to repeat the year, She's a dosser lol
The phil as in the Phillipines? That is so cool. Is there any teacher you could speak to about your depression, even high achieving people can be depressed, it doesn't discriminate. I hope you have a really good day at school tomorrow and just know that we are here for you no matter what!

mei

What's a dosser?

I'm not high achieving though, I think.

Ireland's so much cooler. I hope you have a good day too! You're a really good person.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
A dosser is someone who skips school lol Pretending she goes and doesn't, very immature lol
I hope you have a good day too hun and good luck with your exams, make sure to let me know how you got on and your scores etc.. :) i'm interested :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Are there any hotlines where you are from that you could call? (that just occurred to me)! A hotline, teacher, therapist, sibling, please talk to someone, you don't have to go right in and say ''hey, im suicidal'', you could just start by saying ''i'm not feeling too well these days'', just toning it down so it won't scare them and so it won't be so harsh on you!

mei

Are there any hotlines where you are from that you could call? (that just occurred to me)! A hotline, teacher, therapist, sibling, please talk to someone, you don't have to go right in and say ''hey, im suicidal'', you could just start by saying ''i'm not feeling too well these days'', just toning it down so it won't scare them and so it won't be so harsh on you!
I think I'll stick with you guys. After what happened with that person I don't think I'd want to talk to anyone in person yet. I'm sorry, even though you thought about it and all... I'm really thankful though. Besides, I think that talking to people who understand, like you guys, would be more than enough.

It's scary when it's in person now. I just begin to shake and cry. People are scary.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00