What to do?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Alex Aguilar, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Alex Aguilar

Alex Aguilar Member

So these last few days have been quite bad for me, I haven´t been able to sleep properly for almost two months now and my long distance girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me the past monday after she told me she had cheated on me.

These last 2 nights I´ve honestly felt like taking my life, I even found myself maniacaly laughting at the thought of it; I´ve never had it this bad, while I know I don´t have access to a viable method at the time, I am afraid I will have access to many different options by the end of the month and that scares me.

I don´t have anyone that I feel I could talk to about this nor any emotional conections that I feel any real attachment to, the only thing I have left that has worked as an anchor to keep me around is a foolish dream of mine. I´ve gotten back up many times before because I want to believe there is hope, but I don´t know if getting back up is worth it anymore, any suggestions or words of encouragement would be much appreciated
  2. Caz

Caz New Member

Although the break up with your girlfriend must have obviously added to your pain, from what you say re not sleeping properly indicates that there is something deeper that troubles you. i wonder if you have any intuitive sense of what is behind it all?
  3. Alex Aguilar

Alex Aguilar Member

I am scared to go to sleep, the week I started to lose sleep I dreamt of my mom, she passed away about a year and a half ago, it was a very hard time for me
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Do you have a counsellor that you can reach out to?
  5. Alex Aguilar

Alex Aguilar Member

I guess I can try to reach a school councelor although I don´t know if they would take me, but it´s worth a shot I suppose, thank you
  6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes reach out to them. Ask them for more resources if they cannot help you.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Alex, don't give up on yourself just yet. You have made the first step by reaching out here to us. We truly understand your struggles. How was today for you? Please do reach out to the school counsellor, it could help a lot. Keep reaching out. A problem shared is a problem halved. You are worthy of help and support, welcome :)
  8. Alex Aguilar

Alex Aguilar Member

Well, I´m still hanging and the fact I created an account here means I want to get better so I´ll do my best to keep on moving, thank you for your words
  9. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll like it here. There are many good and caring people here that have been through similar experiences as you. Sharing your feelings helps you to heal. Good job on reaching out to a School counsellor and a great start to getting better. Take care