What to do....

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by neverdie, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Do u remember the beginning of ur life? Most of us don't. As far back as I can remember, I was eating baby food in a high chair. I think I was 1 year old, but if u go back further, before birth and before conception, what were we? Nothing, a spec of dust, maybe.

Just think of all the other brothers and sisters U beat out to become part of this earth. The strength it took to make life happen. It was U that won the ticket of life.

After years of teaching from ur parents, friends, schools and mentors. All the knowledge that we've gathered to make our lives more enjoyable, I find myself thinking what's it all for?

Why am I here?

Life is really short. Time flees by so fast. I wish that I was young again like some of you are. I wish I could be 20 again. Start over. Do things differently, never start smoking, never do drugs or even drink. I wish I would have started a family.

I yearn to hear the words, " I love u daddy ". The first steps, the diaper changes, all the things that goes with parenthood. I guess it’s never to late, but the only women that want kids are younger people. I’m to old for someone young. So basically I’m shit out luck.

I’m getting a headache thinking about this. I have to give it up. Move on with what’s left with my life. I have to get over this middle age crazies. I’m teetering on chucking it all, or moving on. Moving on means the rest of my life alone, No real friends, no family to care for, all my grand parents are dead, my father is gone, my mother is getting up there.

What to do, what to do………

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

You're right. It is never too late. And there are many younger women who like older men and want to start a family with them.

You can still have a great life! And if you don't end up having kids...well, that's not the worst thing ever. You have freedom. All your money and time is not invested in the care and upbringing of another person. You don't have to wake up in the middle of the night wondering if your teenage daughter is out getting preggers with some loser.

The idea of the stress alone has kept me from trying to have a baby :)

3. neverdie

neverdie Guest

I assume u have a teenage daughter, and u regret having kids?
    I have all the toys, but what good is it when I have no one to share them with?

And another thing, I'm not that well liked at work because I don't drink. They're having a staff party at some bar this coming Friday. They want me to attend, but I can't. I used to be an alcoholic It took me years to quit. It's the smell of alcohol that's the trigger. Now they'll all think that I just like being alone.

It's not true, I do like to go to staff parties, by why does it always have to be a bar?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Never you wally...tell em !!!! Once they know you can't drink rather than won't problem solved.
    Have to say I completely understood the wishing to be 20 again just to undo the stupid habits we picked up (I'm killing meself with the evil tobacco)have thought so many times "if only". All the opportunites I ignored cos I thought I had forever, but know what living in the past just makes for a sad present time. Everyone must have regrets, perhaps the answer is to live for the moment and just go with the flow.
    If you ever need an ear drop me a pm..from one old fart to another:laugh:

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

:) Nope, don't have a teenage daughter, but I DO have a teenage brother. My Mom calls me about 3 times a week with "Your brother didn't come home last night, have you talked to him?", "I found condoms in your brother's room", "I caught your brother smoking cigarettes", and on and on and on. This has so far kept me from wanting kids. Apparently kids are delightful for about 5 years and then they become demon-possessed aliens.

That sucks about the get-togethers at work. I agree with Terry on this one. If you tell them about your issues then they will understand. Also, maybe you could try setting up your own event. Buy some tickets to a ball game or something and make up some lie about how your family was supposed to be in town but had to cancel at the last minute so you have extras...etc. Then you can meet up with them on your own terms in a setting that doesn't revolve completely around alcohol.

Also, have you tried Match.com? I know people who have married the people they met on there. It's a great site for people not into finding their soul-mate at a dive bar :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.