what to do?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by carol2237, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

hey y'all

almost three months ago, i went to a party with my best friends older brother... and he raped me. Now i am pregnant, with him as the only possibility as the father... I tried telling my best friend, but she does not believe me, and nether does the father. I will be having the baby, because i do not believe in abortion, but it will prolly be adopted. I have to many dreams to fulfill, such as becoming a vet, and i am still in high school, dont really have the time or money for a child, not to mention the responsibility...

Sorry, i started to ramble...

Caroline

2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum :smile:

I'm sorry you've had to go through so much. There's no need to apologise here on SF.

I know it seems hard, but is there anyone else you can talk to? Ideally your doctor, but if you don't think you can do that then a relative, another friend, someone at school? It's really important that you get the support you need now, whatever your decision. You can't go through all this alone, you don't deserve to have to go through it alone :hug:

Take care,
    Lauren

3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Lauren,

I have talked to the crisis counselor at my school, however, she wanted to know the name of the father, and i told her i was not going to tell her that, so she went off on some rant on white elephants... which i have no idea what that has to do with anything, let alone what it means, so i just went back to class.

Caroline
    ~if your going through hell, keep on going

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

:mad: She sounds like a rubbish counsellor :mad:

Do you trust any of the actual teachers at school? Or someone else? Any adult that you could trust? Anyone you could take to go to the doctors with for some support, so you don't have to face all of this alone.

:hug:
    Lauren

5. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

well i suppose it doesnt matter anymore, i am no longer pregnant, had a miscarriage :/

Caroline
    ~If your going through hell, keep in going~

6. buffnpolished

buffnpolished New Member

Caroline,

When you said you had a miscarriage, could you please tell us how it happened? I hope you are physically well and not in any emotional turmoil. How old is your bestfriend's brother? Where are your parents? How do you feel about telling them? How do you feel about your bestfriends brother getting away with what he put you through? How do you feel right now?

7. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

buffnpolished

"When you said you had a miscarriage, could you please tell us how it happened?"
    ... well, i had bleeding, went to the ER and had a D&C...

"How old is your bestfriend's brother?"
    He is 19... i am 17, was 16 at the time

"Where are your parents?"
    They are here... i just dont talk to them much

"How do you feel about telling them?"
    My dad knows... My mom doesnt... i guess i will tell her eventually

"How do you feel about your bestfriends brother getting away with what he put you through?"
    I dont mind... I should not have been at the party... and i dont want the drama that would go with reporting anything.

"How do you feel right now?"
    I feel like... crap...

Caroline
    ~if your going through hell, keep on going~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.