What to do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by notstrongenough, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't remember if I've ever posted here... things have been so disconnected and blurry lately.

My life feels so broken. I honestly have no motivation left to put towards living or dying. I'm just lost. I have no idea where to go from here, and I find myself thinking about this a lot lately.

It scares me how logical and clear-headed I feel about this. I just feel done with everything. I'm so tired of fighting for living and health. It's not worth it anymore.

Any of you guys been through this? Has anyone gotten past it, and if so, what did you do?

I do want to live, but mostly just because dying takes so much effort, and I can honestly say I'm scared. I'm on the edge of the cliff... I'm afraid something is going to push me off. What should I do?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

well either way welcome to the forum :)
    I think everyone here has felt what you feel. There is one thread here with a bunch of ideas on ways that have helped people when they are feeling depressed http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=20301

I can relate. I have no idea where I'm going either, and frankly, I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to be dead.
    I'm in therapy though and I guess that's helping.

Do you have a therapist or psychiatrist? They can really help.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What I hear from you, which is like so many of us, is that you want the pain to end...that does not mean that you want your life to end...seeking professional and peer support, finding a way to make the overwhelming more manageable, etc. seems to be one route to take at this time...big hugs, J

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

...i have felt the same, or similiar, as you.

i'm glad you reached out here, and i hope you find support.

sometimes all we can do, is try to hold on, try to ride the waves of desolation and despair, even though we are so exhausted it is difficult.

please lean on us, if you can.
    and yes, iloveyou is so right, in that therapy, can help us reach a shift in thinking, that may help us see more clearly a way out of our spiral.

pm if you want to talk, and keep posting, and or reading here, in order to find support. :console:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.