what to do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Heavenly Star, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow and i'm really anxious about it because i really want to be able to open up and tell her exactly how things are but i'm too scared. I always end up telling her everything is ok when it's not. she's not really an easy person to talk to. very dismissive and never takes me seriously. i'm in a really bad place at the moment, my depression is the worst it has ever been and I just don't want to live anymore.

I'm confused because i don't know what to do about tomorrow. I'm thinking it's best if i just carry on telling her everything is ok. I'm even thinking of discharging myself from my mental health team completely. i've been involved with them for 2 years and things have got worse. much worse. they just don't seem to care so what's the point?

Sorry for such a pointless post. I just don't know what to do anymore. No one will help me. why are they leaving me to suffer alone like this? I'm so sad and upset right now.

2. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

Its my opinio the best thing you can do for yourfelf is being honest & open. Don't hesitate to switch mental health teams. its your well being thats at stake here.
    Hope all goes well.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You need to be upfront with these people. They can only help with what you give them. And if you dont tell them just how bad you are, then they go by your words "everything is ok."

Tell them that the last two years havent changed anything for you. That you are at your worst right now. That you want and need some real help. Not kind words and antoher appointment. Real help with coping skills, meds (either to start them or have the ones you take now re-evaluated), other things that they may have to offer that hasnt been tried yet. Referrals to support groups or day patient programs. But you need to tell them first.

I'm assuming but, are you afraid that they may put you in hospital? If so, why would you be afraid of something that might help you when that is exactly what you are looking for? Usually hospital isnt looked at unless you are a threat to yourself or others. In immediate danger of committing suicide.

Please I hope that you really open up. Dont be embarrassed or think they wont understand. They deal with these types of problems everyday. I think you need to talk hun. Good luck, let us know what happens.
  4. CarCrash

CarCrash Member

Hey, I can understand how you feel (well of course I wouldn't know the depth of the situation you are in and your feelings), but I think you should be completely honest tomorrow/today. They are there to help you. If you think these people aren't really helping you, keep looking for other options. You don't have to suffer alone! There is someone out there! If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me too. I'm not sure can I help, but I'll lend an ear.
  5. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

MAke them listen. IT is their job. You are the customer. Ask for what you need. Worry about yourself and not about them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.